Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Wax Advent Day 6

Today's wax melt scent is Candy Cane Marshmallow- peppermint, strawberry, vanilla and marshmallow. I love it! It definitely does smell like a candy cane with a bit of added sweetness from the strawberry. A well done blend and a super cute heart shape!

Yesterday turned out to be a pine themed day. Along with my pine forest advent melt, I melted a blend from Lake Providence Lodge called Evergreen & Orange that was superb! I would have never though of those scents going together but it was such a pleasing blend with strong throw.

I also unknowingly chose a pine type fragrance sample to try. It was given to me by the lovely Julie; she introduces me to the best fragrances! You can read her thoughts on the scent here.
Imaginary Authors Cape Heartache "Notes: Douglas fir, pine resin, Western Hemlock, vanilla leaf, strawberry, old growth, mountain fog."

This turned out to be a fragrance I love! It reminds me of one of my other favorites, Solstice Scents Manor. They both have a prominent note of freshly cut lumber to me, but where Manor has a boozy vanilla note, Cape Heartache has a fresh pine needle and resin aroma. It's a terrific winter scent that lingered all day on me.

What are your favorites winter perfume and body care fragrances? Do you like to match your body and home fragrance melts?

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked Cape Heartache. I love it! In fact I wore it today. <3 Nice melts and I am about to read your nail polish haul post. Excited!

    ReplyDelete