Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Wax Advent Day 20

It's already the 20th which means only four more days of wax advent and until Christmas! Today's scent is cypress and berries- pine, sandalwood, musk, cedar, berries, rose, jasmine, violets and citrus. This is a very interesting but pleasant blend. It honestly kind of smells like fruity gummy bears and pine to me. Oddly delightful.

Yesterday was an extremely busy and fun day! Hubby and I went to visit some good friends and they had prepared a delicious meal of homemade sausage, vegetable, and pasta soup for us along with some delectable jalapeƱo corn bread! I am a bad blogger because I failed to get photos of the scrumptious offerings, but at least I was a good friend and was present in the moment instead of being on my phone.

We also had great conversations and helped their two small children hang ornaments on the spectacular Christmas tree. It was quite magical for me to watch young children's delight and wonder at the holiday related tasks. There are currently no children in our family so it's not something I experience often and it was precious to watch.

Later in the evening hubby, FIL and I went to see the new Star Wars movie Rogue One. Without giving away any spoilers, we all thoroughly enjoyed it. Whenever there is a movie we're really excited to see in theaters, we try to go to the luxury movie theater which has supersized comfy reclining seats and alchohol. We did it up with snacks too and had a fabulous time. I did snap one cute picture that evening of hubby and his dad in the theater looking bleary eyed and midnight after the movie had ended.

Do you have any fun holiday traditions with friends or family? Have you or do you intend to see Rogue One? Have you ever experienced a luxury movie theater?

2 comments:

  1. I've been telling everyone this, because discovery! But the other day I was melting a pine blend in one room and some Rosegirls Mini Melters in Pomegranate, Raspberry Sauce and Cotton Candy Frosting in another room, and where they met in the middle smelled bloody FANTASTIC - pineberrycandy? I don't know, but it was great. Sounds somewhat similar to this with the sweet-piney thing.

    My husband saw Rogue One the other night, but he did bring home some super fly Stormtrooper 3D glasses that I've been wearing around the house just because. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fantastic evening! Adam and I did go to an upscale movie theater that serves food and alcohol call CineBistro. It was crazy expensive too but fun to do once a year or so.

    ReplyDelete