Saturday, December 10, 2016

Wax Advent Day 10

Today's advent melt is gingerbread- spice cookies, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger. This is a nice, authentic gingerbread cookie scent. A warm bakery aroma thick with rich molasses and a medley of spices. Very festive.

Yesterday I was very excited to try out my new tea light warmer! I christened it with The Scented Squirrel's Pumpkin Roll scent. I now understand why many people get great throw from tea light warmers; they get extremely hot. This one got too hot in fact; the wax started smoking! I thought of several potential solutions for this problem, but the simplest ended up working the best. I placed a small saucer on top of the warmer along with a silicone cupcake liner to hold the wax. It works perfectly; still melts and throws well but doesn't smoke. I'm also using a BBW candle lid to catch any potential wax drips. For $1 and some items I had laying around the house, I am quite pleased with this warmer and my DIY hack.

Do you use tea light warmers? Have you ever had a problem with the wax getting too hot? Have you engineered any DIY wax related items?

No comments:

Post a Comment