Saturday, December 17, 2016

Wax Advent Day 17

Today's advent scent is Pepperberry Wreath- orange, pineapple, almond, apricot, berries and vanilla. A unique fruity blend that somehow still has a wintery feel to it. Very nice.

Lately I have been getting interested in the many uses of essential oils. I am barely scratching the surface where research is concerned, but the thing I am most interested in is aromatherapy. 
I keep pure essential oils can be quite pricy, so around Black Friday I was looking for good deals on essential oils and I came across Piping Rock. They offer 100% pure essential oils and other natural items and were having a phenomenal sale on this 6 piece 15 ml essential oil starter kit for only $11.98 (reg. $32.) The selection of oil scents sounded great: Peppermint, Tea Tree, Eucalyptus, Lavender, Cedarwood, and Frankincense. If you are interested in this set, it is available here. They are not currently at the same sale price, but they often have great sales under the "Crazy Deals" section of their site.

It just arrived to me yesterday and I am so excited to start trying the different oils! I want to create some blends for different purposes, such as eucalyptus and peppermint for clearing sinuses, lavender and peppermint for relaxation and tea tree oil for acne spot treatment. There is an essential oil mist diffuser on sale for $15.99 on the Piping Rock site right now and I am seriously considering ordering it. I am just afraid a room diffuser will compete with my wax melts since I am in a small space. I will have to think on this further and if nothing else Walmart has oil diffusers available. 

For personal use I did order a few styles of oil diffusing necklaces from Wish. I am excitedly awaiting for them to arrive so I can use them for personal fragrance and aromatherapy. They have changeable felt pads for different scents.

Have you ever tried essential oils? What are your favorite uses for them? Favorite diffusing devices?

2 comments:

  1. A lot of my friends are really into EO's. I have a bunch but they were going to be going into wax and bath salts. It's funny you mention the necklaces. One of my students gifted me a necklace like the first one with the felt discs to use. I have two sample of DoTerra that a friend gave me but I don't think I will ever really get into for medicinal purposes. I do like the scents of course though. And I have the essential oils for cooking from Aftelier that I love. Enjoy your goodies!! I adore tea tree oil!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gifted two diffuser bracelets for Christmas this year and love the idea of oils being incorporated into jewelry, I'm getting into using them myself. Great necklaces:)

    ReplyDelete