Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Recent Wax Reviews

Sassy Girl Aroma Cake Batter Fudge Popcorn Strawberry Noel Cotton Candy: This is quite a menagerie of scents but they all work surprisingly well together. When melting I get mainly a very sweet strawberry bakery type blend with just a touch of buttered popcorn. Strong throw for a couple hours, becoming moderate thereafter. Overall grade: A-. Might repurchase.

Kitty's Konfections Why Are You So Obsessed With Me? Cherry Chocolate Cake Cream Cheese Frosting- a very yummy scent; smells just like those Queen Anne cordial cherries to me. Sweet realistic chocolate and candied cherry aroma. Strong throw for a couple hours becoming moderate thereafter. Overall grade: A. Cannot repurchase.

Vintage Chic Scents The Great Pumpkin- pumpkin layer cake cream cheese frosting. Without knowing the scent notes I did get a delicious creamy pumpkin scent with a light touch of spice, similar to pumpkin cheesecake. Very realistic and delicious! Moderate throw for an hour or two, becoming light thereafter. Overall grade: B. Might repurchase.

Hayden Rowe Blood Orange- a very tart citrus scent. Fairly strong throw for about 6-7 hours. Overall grade: B+. Probably wouldn't repurchase.

Live Love Wax Co Cream Soda- really does smell like a vanilla cream fizzy soda although not syrupy sweet. I like it a lot. Fairly strong throw for about 8 hours.
Overall grade: A-. Would repurchase.

16 Candles Rosemary Mint: this is a very refreshing herbal scent with a slightly sweet mint. Moderate to light throw for a few hours, but nice and relaxing for a small space like bathroom or bedroom. Overall grade B-. Probably wouldn't repurchase.

BBW Mahogany Coconut 3-wick candle: I had wanted to try this one for a while and I do enjoy it. It's a good performer, even burning and good wax pool. Most importantly a very strong throw. It is heavy on the mahogany woodsy/cologne-y notes with just a light touch of warm coconut. If I had one complaint I wish I could smell the coconut more, but I do like woods so it's still a nice candle. Very similar to Mahogany Teakwood. Overall grade: A-. Might repurchase.

BBW Berry Waffle Cone 3-wick candle- this one's so good y'all. Berry blends are hit or miss for me but when I sniffed this one in store I immediately put it in my shopping bag. It's ripe, juicy berries mixed with a strong, warm bakery note with just the right sprinkling of sugar.  Strong throw and even burning. Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

Pink Mermaid Marshmallow Tea Cakes- this started out as a very nice rich tea and cakes blend with sweet marshmallow fluff, but a couple hours in it morphed into a major playdough aroma and then that's all I could smell. I've heard about wax having a playdough scent before but this was the first time I've experienced it, major bummer. Fairly strong throw for about 8 hours. Overall grade: C. Probably wouldn't repurchase.

The Scented Squirrel Tea With Lemony Snicket- lemon, vanilla, sugar, warm tea and fresh cake. I love this one! The sugared lemon note blends so well with the warm tea & cakes. Strong throw for a couple hours becoming moderate thereafter. Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

L3 Avobath: this little sample was pleasant smelling and very similar to the Lush scent. Bright citrus, powder and herbal notes. The throw was quite light though, almost nonexistent. Overall grade: C-. Wouldn't repurchase.

Hayden Rowe Dreamsicle- A nice orange scent but more tart than I thought it would be, more like orange juice than a sweet creamy orange ice cream type scent. Moderate throw for about 7-8 hours. Overall grade: B. Might repurchase.


No comments:

Post a Comment