Monday, June 5, 2017

Recent Wax Reviews

16 Candles Flowering Dogwood (jasmine, violet, plumera, sandalwood, musk.) A very pretty musky and powdery floral. Moderate throw for an hour or two and then light for several hours thereafter. A lovely blend but wish it was a stronger performer. Overall grade: C+. Probably wouldn't repurchase.

Candy Panda Insomnia (pink sugar & lavender): I love this blend it is such a nice pink sugar and sweet lavender. The throw was not quite as strong as I'd anticipated. It was moderate for a couple hours becoming light thereafter. It is an older tart I received in a destash so I would like to reorder this and try it fresh. I am also having difficulty smelling my wax overall with warmer weather and fans going, so I'm sure that also plays a factor.
Overall grade: B. Would repurchase.

Hayden Rowe Beach Towel: this was a tropical sunscreen and salty sea breeze type blend to my nose. Again I'm not sure if the warm weather and ventilation was drastically affecting it, but the throw was light. Would try it again but wasn't super impressed. Overall grade: B-.

Pink Mermaid Watermelon, Apple, & Grass: this was a very sweet and yummy candy/bubblegum type watermelon with juicy apple mid notes, and a light touch of intriguing and fresh green grass. Smells like eating a popcicle on the lawn; awesome! A very unique blend. Very strong for the first couple hours but quickly faded to light throw by hour four or so. Overall grade: B+. Would repurchase.

Pink Mermaid Beachwood: this was a strong fresh beach air, green vetiver and warm sandalwood/driftwood type aroma. The pungent green note was prominent, fairly well balanced by the aquatic and musky background notes. This one was a great performer; kept the house strongly scented for 10-12 hours. It's not a blend I'd reach for frequently but it's nice every once in a while. Overall grade: A. Might repurchase.

Sassy Girl Aroma Beach Nights (BBW type): I am obsessed with this scent in body spray and cream, so I was so excited to have it in wax as well! The blend itself exceeded my expectations; it is a dead on dupe on cold sniff. It is an ideal blend of fresh salty sea air, gooey toasted marshmallows and a wisp of bonfire woodsmoke. So well balanced. It's throw was slightly less strong than I usually get from SGA tarts. It was consistently moderate for about 8 hours. I got noticeable whiffs of the intoxicating fragrance, but it didn't quite fill my rooms as I prefer wax to do. Still, I'm quite happy with it and would definitely repurchase. Overall grade: A-.

Front Porch Aspen Caramel Woods: I was surprised and pleased with this tart. It was over a year old so I feared it might be weak but it had fairly strong to moderate throw for about 10 hours. It smelled heavenly too. It's just like the name implies, a warm woodsy aroma with sweet gooey caramel. Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

Front Porch Pink Marshmallow Birthday: this one was the same age as the other FP tart above but did perform quite as well. It was moderate for a few hours but by the end of the day I could only smell it near the warmer. The fragrance was pleasant; a slightly musky version of the pink sugar perfume with bottom notes of sweet, decadent white cake with marshmallow fluff frosting. Yum! Overall grade: B+. Might repurchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment