Sunday, May 29, 2016

Recent Wax Reviews



Southbound Soap Co Cotton Candy Birthday Smoothie: This scent is from their Sweet Shop Sampler and was sent to me by a lovely lady! Before it was even fully melted it had started to smell amazing! Top notes of sweet, fluffy cotton candy and base notes of yummy bakery vanilla. Very sweet but well blended; not overwhelming. This had strong throw for a good 10-12 hours.I've only tried a few other scents from Southbound, but I've generally been impressed. Overall grade: A+. Would purchase.

House of Usher Molly Brown which is described as roses and tea & cakes. This blend is perfect for me in theory because I adore both of these aromas, but the execution is so so. On cold sniff the tart smelled fairly fragrant and I could detect both rose and bakery. When melting it has light to moderate throw at best. I have very small rooms and I have to be within about 6 feet of the warmers to catch decent whiffs of this tart. (Melting 1/2 tart in Glade electric warmer for living room/kitchen and 1/2 in BHG 15 watt bulb plug in in bedroom/bathroom.) Plus I have smelled better tea and cake blends from other brands. The bakery notes are not as rich or warm as I have smelled with other tarts; the scent falls a little flat, although the rose is nice and fresh. I'm glad that I received this tart in a swap and didn't buy it. So, it would have been the perfect scent for me if it had better throw. Have you tried this scent or any other HoU tarts? Thoughts? Overall grade: B+. Probably wouldn't purchase.

SGA Hello Lover Waffle Cone Birthday Cake: What sorcery is this?? It smells sooo good y'all! Strong top notes of sweet lemon sugar expertly blended with middle notes of crispy waffle cone and bottom notes of fluffy vanilla birthday cake. My house quickly filled with gorgeous bakery aromas and a small chunk threw nearly all day. I never fail to be impressed with SGA chunk tarts. Overall grade: A+. Would purchase.

Jamaica Me Crazy from Starry Skies Wax: Such a pretty, whimsical tart with it's sprinkling of glitter! It is a strong Pina Colada blend on cold sniff and when melting my whole house is filled with the aroma of the tropics! Perfect pineapple coconut blend; I love it! I'd highly recommend people try this new vendor. I haven't been disappointed by any of her scents so far. She's open now for orders. (Not affiliated.) Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for all of your wax reviews! I just found your blog today and I am enjoying reading all of them.

    ReplyDelete