Sunday, May 15, 2016

NWP May Box: Alice In Wonderland Themed


Native War Paints subscription box for May was Alice In Wonderland themed. I was really excited about it, but this is my first of 3 boxes so far where I wasn't as wowed by the contents. There is a hot orchid type pink called We're All Mad Here with a subtle metallic finish. It's very pretty but not super unique, and not all that dissimilar from the previous month's Tulip Time color. On my swatch it took about 2 thick or 3 thin coats to be opaque. 
The 2nd color is a teal glitter with flecks of gold. In the bottle I thought it would be really similar to Model City Teal Next Year, which I love, but nope, it's more of a topper since the polish is clear rather than teal. Hopefully it will look good over other polishes or with a few coats by itself. I'm not really digging the 2 coats on the swatch; looks kind of dirty/dull rather than glittery.
The third color, Why Is A Raven Like A Writing Desk, is like a tiny bottle of primordial ooze. It's seriously sooo goopy and sludgy going on the swatch. This one should have been named I'm Sooo Swamped instead of the OPI by that name which actually has good formula and is pretty. I'm not feeling this one at all right now.

To give them a fair shot, I will still do a mani with each of them eventually and show you guys. This is the first box that I haven't been super thrilled about, but I guess that's bound to happen from time to time. I still find this box to be a great value overall and will continue to subscribe to it for as long as I can afford it. I can always try to swap, sell, or give away colors if I don't like them. I always anticipate with excitement what surprises await me in each box; I hope next month's box comes with more of their Hurry, Hurry top coat and cuticle oil; they've become HG for me!
What NWP polishes have you tried? Any favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment