Tuesday, May 24, 2016

NOTD: Milani Rad Purple


I own exactly one jelly polish: Milani Rad Purple, which a sweet friend gave me a while back. It languished among my untrieds for a few months, because back when I was a muggle I thought nails showing through semi sheer polish would look messy. I just didn't know what to do with it, but prompted by this week's challenge I decided to try it and let some polka dots peek out from underneath.
So this is a clear base coat, a coat of French tip base, black polka dots of NYC Black Lace Creme, and two coats of Milani Rad Purple. I was fairly happy with how it looked, but I'm glad I took the photos quickly because once the top coat dried I experienced major shrinkage. :( I've never had any shrinkage issues before, but I'm pretty sure it's my own fault. I get so fed up with bottles of top coat that just have a little left in them so that the brush can barely reach, but I don't want to waste what's left, so today I frankened them all together in one bottle. Since they were all different brands, the ingredients probably didn't play well together. I had wondered about this before hand but still did it anyway. Oh well, a good excuse to do another mani tomorrow. I put another coat of Rad Purple over the top of everything and it seemed to help cover the shrinkage areas some.

No comments:

Post a Comment