Sunday, October 4, 2015

NOTD: Birthday Sponge Gradient

My birthday is tomorrow and I wanted a special mani, so I decided to go for a metallic sponge gradient, inspired by this pin. http://www.apolishaddict.com/2012/07/olympic-nails.html?m=1

First I applied liquid laytex to my cuticles and while waiting for it to dry I applied nail strengthener and base coat. Then I painted a generous line each of Zoya Trixie, Zoya Aggie, and Formula X Revved up onto a makeup sponge. Some of the colors went through a curious color transformation when sponged on and I ended up with the coolest accident ever; METALLIC CANDY CORN NAILS! Trixie at the top looks the same, but Aggie in the middle is supposed to be gold and it looks much more orange. Revved up at the bottom I supposed to be rose gold but it looks like regular gold. So weird! But I feel like this is the perfect fall mani and I'm so excited to wear it tomorrow! I added bow charms from Polished Charme.
This was surprisingly easy and I will definitely be doing more sponge manis in the future! The one thing I learned I that the liquid cuticle tape makes cleanup way easier, but for the sponge mani I needed to cover further down my fingers. I had to scrub the parts that didn't have cuticle tape with acetone. First pic is pre cleanup.

No comments:

Post a Comment