Sunday, May 21, 2017

Recent Wax Reviews

16 Candles Coriander & Tonka- on cold sniff this smells amazing! It is a rich, caramelized vanilla bean with just the right touch of spice. I just don't think I like the performance of 100% sou wax though. All the soy tarts I've melted have moderate to light throw for about 6 or so hours and are rather messy to get out of the container, this one included. I love the aroma but dislike the consistency and performance. Overall grade: C. Probably wouldn't repurchase.

Starry Skies Garden Tea Party (tea & cakes, rose jam, pink sugar.) One of my favorite blends from this brand and I really love this scent combo in general. All the notes are present and it had fairly strong to moderate throw for about 8 hours. Overall grade: A-. Would repurchase.

Southbound Soap Co Americana (apple pie.) Smells wonderfully of authentic cooked spiced apples and a dollop of vanilla ice cream. Fairly strong to moderate throw for about 8 hours. Overall grade: A-. Would repurchase.

Baja Cactus Blossom- a wonderfully fresh, green and floral blend, perfect for spring and summer! Fairly strong throw for about 8 hours. Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

Kitty's Konfections Can I Live? (Sugar Cookie dough + funnel cake.) A yummy sweet vanilla bakery blend on cold but disappointingly light throw. Overall grade: C-. Cannot repurchase.

BBW Lemon Mint Leaf 3-wick candle- I had read many positive reviews of this candle and they didn't let me down! It's such a wonderful fresh blend of herbal mint and bright lemon with just a touch of sweetness. Super strong throw that filled the rooms and a great performer. Deep even wax pool and no tunneling or drowned wicks. Overall grade: A+. Would repurchase.

BBW Toasted Coconut 3-wick candle- this smelled delicious on cold. It was sweeter than a lot of the other warm, creamy coconut blends at BBW. It really smells like sugared coconut shavings on a baked dessert. It had moderate throw, is noticeable in the air but not extremely strong. Another good performer; no problems with it. Overall grade: B+. Might repurchase.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I am SO BUMMED the Coriander and Tonka was a dud. I tend to have that luck on 100% soy wax too. It just doesn't do well for me. What a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm Lemon Mint & Leaf sounds wonderful.. Though I am trying hard to resist B&BW right now! I am usually only a candle burner in the fall and winter months but I am trying to use more.

    ReplyDelete