Thursday, May 4, 2017

Band Of Bloggers May 2017 Vol. 17


May, May, May. Welcome back, ol' friend! May is a turning point in the year for a lot of people. The school year is almost over, summer is coming soon, and those mild months will soon become scorchers. The birthstone of May is the emerald, which symbolizes love and success. This month, we're focusing on those two things!

We all love something with all our hearts, so tell us what you love the most. It could be the story of how you met your spouse/significant other, where you got your pet, or a nod to your parental units.
I really love the story of how I met my husband. We lived two miles away from each other but he was four years older than me and in childhood when the opposite sex has cooties, we didn't really associate. I did remember him from elementary school because he was known for being a track star; super speedy and agile as a young boy. Many years later he confessed he remembered me as a little girl he had accidentally hit in the head with a basketball.
Fast forward several years to my first day of high school. I lived way out in the middle of nowhere and was the first one on the school bus every morning. Well, the second person to embark that bus was a handsome young man with a guitar, golden summer tan and glowing blonde curls. I was literally captivated at first sight. I remember the first thing he said to me was something like "Who the heck are you?" He was surprised that someone lived further out in the boonies than him.
We struck up an hours long conversation that day and quickly became fast friends. We had so much in common I used to joke he was the male version of me. I had a romantic crush on someone else at the time, but after about 6 months of enjoying his friendship I realized he was the one for me. He was a very respectful and thoughtful young man, making a good impression on my very protective parents and enduring chaperoned dates for the first couple years of our relationship. The older we got the more freedom we were allowed, and I feel blessed to have all my favorite memories with the person that would become my life partner. From school dances to road trips and stressful school work and issues at home, my love has always been there for me every step of the way. One of the happiest days of my life was when we married after 5 years of dating. It might be unusual to be with the same person since adolescence, I wouldn't change a single second of it.
Here's a photo from my senior prom.
 So young!



In terms of success, and keeping it blog related, have you ever participated in and/or completed a successful "project wax" or spring wax/perfume/makeup/scented product purge? Have you ever had so much product you felt the need to use it all up before your bought again?
I usually tend to do several smaller purges whenever I feel I have an excess of products I don't need or won't use. I usually give scents or products that aren't for me away to people I think will enjoy them. Over the last few months I've sent four large wax packages to my brother-in-law who's just getting into vendor wax. I've also sent quite a few goodie packages to my bloggy wax and bath & body loving friends. Same goes for nail polish; I like to rehome whatever I don't love to people who will use it. I did recently reorganize my bath and body stash, putting away some of the scents I mainly use in fall and winter and bringing out the spring/summer scents. It's nice to have several scents within easy reach. There are certain things I try not to buy often, such as scrubs because I use them so slowly. I did do a wax and polish no buy back in January and I've certainly been buying less overal since then than I did last year. There are a few soaps, body washes and lotions I'm focusing on using up. I give away a ton of wax and melt every day, but somehow the stash never seems to dwindle.

Please, feel free to answer these questions in the comments section below!


We hope you'll visit these Band of Blogger blogs and help support the blogger community!



If you are a blogger and would like to join the Band of Bloggers for our monthly posts, please contact us.

4 comments:

  1. Awwww!!! You guys are so cute together!! What a heart warming love story. I love that as a senior and you a freshman, he did not overlook you. What an open heart. I wish you two many, many more decades of love and partnership.

    And thank you for my very sweet and very generous wax box! I used the hair curl cream and I love it. Like you, I like gifting my wax and sending some for friends to try. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Julie. You two are so cute! <3 It's such a lovely thing to find your special someone so early in life.

    I tried sharing my love of indie bath, body, & home products with friends and family, but it's mostly been a bust. My family members aren't all that interested and most of my friends have a "that's weird" mentality. Sigh. Guess I'll have to share the love with my bloggy friends instead. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading your story. Your description allowed the chance to see it unfold and it's really special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a sweet story! My gosh, high school sweethearts - how often does that happen now? Or elementary school sweethearts. :) That's actually very much like my mom and dad's situation - they attended the same church as kids and grew up just blocks from each other before starting to date in high school. So super sweet - what a lovely, lovely memory to have of your beginnings and how far you've come. :)

    ReplyDelete