Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Recent Wax Reviews


BHG Iced Lemon Poundcake candle: This candle has a fairly strong and sweet lemon note mixed with rich, buttery poundcake on cold sniff. When melting I felt the throw was only light to moderate, so I would not use this candle by itself if I wanted a highly scented room. It does make a great complimentary scent to highly scented wax melts though, which is mostly what I use my candles for anyway. It was a strong burner that developed a shallow but even wax pool after a couple hours. The wicks on these need to be trimmed, otherwise the throw off a terrible amount of soot. Overall grade: B. Might repurchase.

Candy Panda Fizzy Soda: I was so happy to receive my first Candy Panda melt! This fizzy soda scent is to die for! It's such a realistic lemon lime soda type scent, and I swear I could almost feel the carbonation bubbles tickle my nose on cold sniff. When melting the sent was moderate; I only used half the tart in two warmers. I think in the future I will try using the whole tart to see if the throw is stronger. I look forward to trying more Candy Panda wax in the future! Overall grade: A-. Might repurchase.

Can-Do Candles Hay Day:
This scent came highly recommend and it certainly is pleasant and unique! It smells wonderfully of fresh slightly sweet green grass to me. A very nice scent for a bright spring day. The thow was fairly strong to moderate throughout the day. Overall grade: A. Might repurchase.

Lasting Scent Candles Pumpkin Brûlée Frappe: this is a glorious scent! It smells strongly of coffee for the first hour or two, then mellows into a moderate pumpkin spice scent with a hint of sweet whipped cream for the rest of the day. It smells just like fall at Starbucks to me; a fabulous blend. Overall grade: A+. Would purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment