Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Recent Wax Reviews


Candles by Victoria Vanilla Coffee Crunch:
I unfortunately was not very impressed by this tart. On cold sniff it was a light and artificial smelling vanilla. When melting it had weak throw and was a very generic vanilla. I didn't get coffee or bakery from it at all. Also, no matter how little or much I used of the tart, the wax never fully melted. Both my warmers had weird unmelted rings around the edges. I believe I heard someone mention this problem with CBV tarts a long time ago, so it may have something to do with the wax used. I was sent this tart by a friend so I don't know it's history. The label was a bit worn so it could be an older tart and it's scent may have changed or diminished over time. I have not tried many CBV tarts so I don't have much to compare it to. All I know is this one did not perform well. Overall grade: D. Would not purchase.

Scentsationals Passion Fruit Coconut: Both on cold sniff and when melting this is a creamy, not too sweet coconut scent with a touch of tart fruitiness from the passion fruit. It had fairly strong to moderate throw most of the day. Very pleasant. Overall grade: B+. Might purchase.

Can-Do Candles Midnight Pomegranate: 
do not recall what the BBW scent smells like as it's been so long since I've sniffed it, but I like this tart a lot. To me it smells like tart pomegranate juice, ripe plums, and juicy black cherries mixed with sensual musk and creamy sandalwood. It's a dark, sweet, dusky aroma. It had moderate throw for about 6 or 7 hours. Would have preferred it to be slightly stronger/longer lasting, but a very nice scent. Overall grade: A-. Might repurchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment