Thursday, January 5, 2017

Recent Wax Reviews


Glitterati Pink Wedding Bells: pink sugar, wedding cake, fresh raspberries. I have recently grown my stash of ever illusive Glitterati wax, both through winning a flash drawing from the vendor and through purchasing some destashes. I have to say I buy into the hype now, because I've melted several Glitterati scents and most have been phenomenal! Extremely strong and long lasting throw and to die for scents. This particular scent was from a destash and unfortunately it wasn't quite up to par for me with all the other Glitterati wax I've tried. It had only moderate throw for about 8 hours and was vaguely sweet and fruity. I have no way of knowing how old it is or how it was stored, so that very well could have affected the quality. Overall grade: B. Probably wouldn't repurchase this particular scent.

Candy Panda Go The F*ck To Sleep:  pink sugar, lavender, peppermint. I love "sleepytime" blends, so this is one of the few scents I ordered in 5 packs directly from the vendor. I sent a couple to friends and have been hoarding the rest. I'm glad I finally melted some; it is wonderful! this is also another hard to get vendor that is worth the hype in my humble opinion. This scent is the perfect balance of not too herbal, relaxing lavender with a touch of sweetness and coolness. Strong throw for about 10 hours. Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

Super Tarts Mouse Ears: lollipops & lemonade. I guess this was my week for trying popular vendors and scents. I like Supertarts but haven't yet ordered from them directly. I've tried many scents through destashes and found most of them to be pleasant and well performing. I was excited to receive this particular scent because many in the wax community have said it's one of their favorite ST scents. Super sweet fruity blends can be hit or miss for me, but this one is quite nice. I definitely get a candy sweet note, but it's well balanced from the tartness of the lemonade. Fairly strong throw for about 8 hours. Overall grade: A-. Might repurchase.

Live Love Wax Co Pumpkin Chai Cheesecake: I adore all these scents so this was a natural scent to leap into my cart. I do recall when I placed my last order it was a mix of regularly priced and clearance tarts and the vendor had noted that the clearance items were older or discontinued wax. I can't recall if this scent was one of them, but it did not perform particularly well in comparison to many other great scents I've tried from this brand. It had hardly any scent at all for several hours. I understand sometimes you get what you pay for, so I may avoid the clearance section in the future. Overall grade C. Would not repurchase this particular item.

Starry Skies Bonfire Night *previously reviewed*

Kitty's Konfections "I'm A Cool Mom": peach bellini, fizzy soda, champagne pear. I love these Mean Girls movie themed tarts, but they are also kind of a sad reminder in my wax collection of a business that went bad. Scent wise, I really like this blend. It's a tad out of my comfort zone but the fruity and boozy notes ended up being quite harmonious. Strong throw for about 10 hours. Overall grade: A. Cannot repurchase.

Kitty's Konfections Finessin' *previously reviewed*

The Scented Squirrel Cider Fizz *previously reviewed*

No comments:

Post a Comment