Saturday, January 28, 2017

January 2017 Goals Progress Week 4

Wow, only a few days left in January! This year already seems to be flying by.

I'm happy to report I've stuck to my no buy. I may keep it going in February or I may make a few purchases depending on finances. I plan to order from The Scented Squirrel and Destination Wax first. There are also a few nail polishes I've been eyeing, but I'm not sure what I will get yet. The nice thing about a no buy is it really gives you time to think through future purchases; less impulse buys.


For this week's recipes I have an interesting variety.
Breakfast is a lightened up version of biscuits and gravy. The biscuits which are 
little more than flour and greek yogurt were a bit plain, but a nice fluffy texture, and the gravy was quite flavorful so it was enjoyable overall.

Lunch is homemade pizza puffs with lots of fresh veggies. I love them with red bell peppers, olives and artichoke hearts.

Dinners are a favorite pasta carbonara and a new recipe of baked chicken thighs, sausage and red potatoes.

Dessert/snack is this pumpkin chocolate chip bread. The bread itself is not very sweet; you can really taste the wheat flour but the chocolate chips save it. Nice fluffy texture though.

Have you tried any new recipes recently? Any fun new activities or purchases to share? How are your current goals going?

No comments:

Post a Comment