Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Reviews: New Walmart Holiday/Winter Scents


There were a couple dozen different holiday and winter wax and candle scents set up in the seasonal display area when I went into Walmart yesterday! Imagine my delight! I sniffed my way through many delicious aromas, but had to restrain myself to purchasing just a few.
Pumpkin Waffles is not new, of course, but I had to purchase another one because it is one of my all time favorite candles.

I'm melting 2 cubes from the Frosted Honey Cake clamshell today and it is absolutely fabulous! On both cold sniff and when melting it gives a strong, pungent raw honey scent that is very authentic. It is tempered by a warm, rich and buttery cake note that is not too sweet. It has been throwing a consistently strong scent for over 6 hours. I really love this! Overall grade: A+ Would repurchase.

I melted the Salted Caramels candle for about 2 hours last night before I went to bed. The wicks burned well and it had just barely fully pooled with melted wax when I blew it out (it was very chilly last night.) The throw was moderate; I could smell the scent from several feet away but not throughout the whole house. I think if it were burned for a longer period of time it would smell stronger. The scent was a very sweet caramel candy. It didn't, in my opinion, have that extra rich, buttery, salty note to the caramel that salted caramel usually has. It was a very nice caramel scent but not the best interpretation of salted caramel I've ever smelled. Overall grade: B+ might repurchase.

I have not burned the Cozy Fire scented candle yet, so I will give an update when I do. Upon cold sniff it was a strong woodsy/mahogany scent with a bit of smoke and a hint of pine. Surprisingly complex and cozy. It reminds me of a combination of BBW Mahogany Teakwood and Fireside candles. Very nice!

Have you tried any new scents from Walmart recently? Which ones and what were your thoughts on them?

No comments:

Post a Comment