Thursday, November 5, 2015

Review: Serge Lutens Sa Majesté La Rose Perfume


I sprayed on two sprays of this Sa Majesté La Rose fragrance sample and my initial impression was that it was a very strong, green, true rose scent. It was very pungent for about 10 minutes and was almost overwhelming. The green fresh leafy note was most prominent to me, followed by a very authentic blooming rose scent and a hint of other florals. It was like walking through a rose garden in full bloom in the middle of spring. After about 10 minutes it calmed down quite a bit and had a softer, more powdery scent. The silage was moderate; I caught frequent whiffs of it, but I don't think anyone could smell it across the room. It was fairly long lasting. I could still lightly smell it on my wrists after about 5 hours. It is a very nice fragrance but I don't find it particularly "me." It didn't wow me and there are other rose scents I prefer. I was impressed with the authenticity of the fresh rose scent, but found it too potent. I guess I'm not really in the mood for a fresh floral right now; I'm loving warm vanillas and ambers for fall. But I will definitely revisit this fragrance for spring. Overall Grade: B+. Nice fragrance but I'm not feeling it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment