Sunday, September 3, 2017

Longing For Fall & Fancy Fare

Yep, it's definitely not cool weather time yet. I'm so done with the 110°+ and will actually be excited when it goes back down into the 90°s in a few days. I was probably crazy for wearing leggings today but I would have sweated profusely no matter what I was wearing so at least the leggings absorbed it and it didn't trickle down my legs.😂 Plus I hoped that my festive fall outfit would usher in the cool weather sooner.

I was even crazier for venturing out doors at all but my MIL was searching for a specific item so we ended up at the local flea market. I hadn't been in about a year so it was fun to explore again, despite the sweltering heat. Ironically my sunglasses broke while I was there so I headed on over to the $5 sunglasses booth and picked up a new pair, pictured above.
On the way out our tummies were rumbling so I picked up some particularly tasty kettle chips and some Mexican street corn, roasted and slathered with butter, parmesan cheese, herbs and chili powder; yum! The spices did make my lips tingle though and I only made it through about half the ear before I had to wrap it up and finish it later, indoors with a/c.😂 

We also stopped at an Asian food market and I got some jasmine green tea and a coconut mung bean bun which I had never tried before. It was really good; the pastry was fluffy and lightly sweet, very similar to a Hawaiin sweet roll and it was filled with a yummy coconut paste.
Well, that concludes my exotic food tour for the day. I feel like I'm trying to get fall vibes going and failing miserably in this sweltering desert. I have higher hopes for October.

Have you tried any new foods lately? Worn a new favorite clothing item? Is it fall weather or still summer where you live?

1 comment:

  1. STREET CORN! Oh, so, so good. It's even more amazing if, instead of the parmesan (or perhaps in addition to) it's rolled in that fresh white cheese that's a bit feta-y, a bit ricotta-y? Forget the name right now, but oh holy crap, it's good. I really need to get my butt to a South American grocery now!

    ReplyDelete