Saturday, September 2, 2017

Fall Fun Series II: All About Autumn

Dear Readers, some of you may remember from last fall my participation in a Fall Fun blogging series. I'm excited to announce this second round of the Fall Fun Series with a group of amazing bloggers! I so enjoyed all the fall centric posts from last year's series, so without further ado, let's kick off this year's with a round of fall related Q&A! Please feel free to leave your own answers to these questions in the comments, and check out all the other FFS bloggers' answers by clicking on their blog links at the end of the post.
Thanks to Michelle of Melting With Michelle for coming up with these questions.


  1. Have you ever participated in a Fall blogging series?  What are you most looking forward to this Fall?
    Yes! I participated in last year's series and it was awesome. I am so looking forward to much cooler weather (110°F here today,) beautiful fall foliage, trying some new fall recipes and wearing cozy layers.

  2. Crisp Fall mornings or cozy Fall nights?
    I love the bright blue beginnings of a new fall day, but I also love making a blanket nest and drinking warm beverages by candlelight at night. So hard to choose.

  3. When do you start decorating for Fall?
    I don't do a lot of seasonal decorating, but I usually bring out my few autumn knick knacks in early to mid September.

  4. What is your favourite store to visit for Fall goodies?  Share the link!
    I buy most of my fall decor and home goods at Walmart. My favorite etailer for fall scented bath & body products is Haus of Gloi

  5. If you had to get one Fall-themed image tattooed on your body, what would it be?  For extra points, where?
    Since I already have 3 tattoos and desire more, I wouldn't put it past myself to get a fall related tattoo at some point. I'm more into smaller tattoos than larger, so it would probably be something like this colorful maple leaf, maybe on my inner left wrist.
    Here are some other fall tattoos I thought were really beautiful.
    I'm also really interested in the concept of a four seasons tree, although not in this celtic style. I think I'd have to work my way up to that. It might go on the front of my upper thigh.

  6. Did you trick-or-treat when you were younger?  What was the last costume you wore?  What’s your dream costume (whether you actually got to wear it or not)?
    Yes, I have many fond memories of trick-or-treating. Growing up in a super small town was great in this case because you knew nearly everyone and it was safer plus you could make it to every house in towns in a few hours and almost all of them had good candy and cool decorations. I think the last thing I went as was a pirate in 8th grade. I was a Pink Power Ranger in Kindergarten, many variations of witch, vampire and skeleton, but I think my favorite was a gypsy costume I put together with my grandma's vintage jewelry and silk scarves. If I went as an adult I'd probably do some silly Pinterest inspired trendy costume. Maybe a loofah or a mermaid or I saw a cup of tea costume that was really cute.

  7. Favourite Fall home fragrance?
    I'm sure you remember my incessant ravings last year about BBW's Pumpkin Coconut candle; I'm keeping my eye out for its appearance in store. I'm also enjoying a Marshmallow Fireside wallflower and my beloved Pumpkin Waffles candle from Walmart.

  8. Best body care fragrance for Fall?
    I adore Haus of Gloi's Satyr pumpkin butter and perfume oil, and Solstice Scents Manor perfume oil.

  9. Must-have nail polish/perfume/makeup for the Fall?
    No specific seasonal makeup favorites but I've recently discovered long lasting lip colors and am considering buying a new blush since mine is several years old. Favorite fall polish colors include Revlon Autumn Spice and OPI Every Month Is Oktoberfest.

  10. Favourite Fall month?
    October! It has my birthday, anniversary, Halloween, delicious seasonal treats, and the nicest weather. All the best stuff!

  11. What’s the weather like where you live?
    Sunny California here, coming out of a terrible decade long drought no less, so sadly the weather can be quite summer like well through September. We are on our third stretch this year of temps being over 110°F so my September is not wonderfully fall like yet. We even had a couple of 100° degree days in October last year and I'm hoping to avoid that this time around! It's about 50/50 every year as to whether it will be raining on my birthday (October 5th) so September and October can be quite hit or miss. Sometimes we get a dreadful Indian summer that drags on and sometimes cool, moody rain and fog. We shall see...

  12. Is pumpkin spice worth the hype?
    I'm probably the most basic of white girls, so the answer for me is always yes to all pumpkin everything. This is my actual mug.

  13. Favourite Thanksgiving food?
    There isn't a single traditional Thanksgiving food I don't like to eat, except gravy, I always eat my mashed potatoes without it. My favorites to make are green bean casserole and yams with marshmallows.

  14. Briefly describe your idea of a perfect Fall day.
    60°-70° temps, bright blue skies and colorful trees, wearing cute boots, scarf and sweater, with a warm drink in my hand, with my hubby. Doesn't really matter what we do.

    Check out Fall Fun Series posts every Saturday from all our fabulous bloggers:


    Amanda at Thrifty Polished (thriftypolished.blogspot.ca)


    Angela at Angela Kay (angelazen.wordpress.com)


    Jay at The Candle Enthusiast (thecandleenthusiast.wordpress.com)

    Julie at The Redolent Mermaid (theredolentmermaid.com)

    Michelle at Melting With Michelle (meltingwithmichelle.com)

    Sandra at Finger Candy (fingercandy.ca or fingercandy.wordpress.com)

6 comments:

  1. I eat my mashed potatoes without gravy too! Also, I LOVE the idea of the leaf tattoo, now you have me rethinking mine, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops. Accidental delete.
    I feel the same way about the nights/mornings. Both have their comforts that are distinctly fall. You've been punished so much by the heat this summer I can't blame you for wanting fall weather.
    Yes, your new tattoo inspired that question and you didn't disappoint! I adore that lil maple leaf idea, a natural motif is definitely the way to go. I'm excited to see everyone's answers to that ? Happy fall beginnings, I guess, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy hell!! 110°F?! I'm melting just thinking about it!

    I still have yet to try out Haus of Gloi. I've committed a fragrant sin, I know. Your nail polish choices hit me right in my polish-loving heart. Gorgeous choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 110 degrees?! GET. OUT. No, seriously, get out, you're in an oven. I can't even imagine, I'm so sorry you're brutally hot.

    I've had my eye out for that Pumpkin Coconut scent this year, but I haven't seen it just yet. I remembered how much you liked it, and I thought the coconut (which I'm all about this year, for some reason) would make the pumpkin a bit more palatable for me. Just lots of Sweater Weather and Leaves and Flannel and such in stores right now - fingers crossed for Pumpkin Coconut. :)

    And we are on completely opposite ends of the holiday meal spectrum - I love gravy! Well, that's okay - I'll eat yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your OPI polish is so gorgeous and glowy. I will have to hunt that one down. October is a pretty great month for you huh? I hope this year's the best one yet.

    ReplyDelete