Saturday, July 1, 2017

Recent Wax Reviews

Rosegirls Posh Pristine Peach -watermelon, pomegranate and peach. What a delicious summer blend! Wonderfully fruity and all the notes are present although peach is the most noticeable. Fairly strong to moderate throw for about 8 hours. Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

L3 Grass & Yuzu: a very intriguing blend. The grass is a little sharp rather than sweet and green, bit pairs well with the bright citrus of yuzu. I like it but don't love it. Moderate throw for about 7-8 hours. Overall grade: B+. Might repurchase.
 
Hayden Rowe Butterbeer- rich butterscotch and whipped cream. Like the literary drink that inspired this scent, this smells amazing! Gooey butterscotch and I get a bit of a cinnamon note too. Fairly strong throw for about 10 hours. Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

BHG Candies Citrus Pumpkin: mmmm, I love this one! Rich spiced pumpkin and vanilla buttercream are jazzed up with some sweet orange. Strong throw for about 8-9 hours. Overall grade: A+. Would repurchase.

CFTKR A Day In Paris: I'm not sure of the notes on this one, but it's not really for me. It reminds me of a vintage Parisian powder room filled with a mature powdery floral perfume aroma that I don't really care for. It was quite strong too; so overwhelming that I had to turn it off after a few hours. A for performance but D for scent. Would not repurchase.

The Scented Squirrel Angel Dreams- pink sugar, sweet lavender and angel food cake. This smell lovely on cold; all the notes are present. However the throw was quite light, I find this particular brand's tarts do not age well for me, so I'm making an effort to use them quicker. Overall grade: C. Might repurchase.

Pink Mermaid Pistachio Macaroon: yum, a great pistachio scent! Strong but not too in your face or artificial. A sweet pistachio with almond creme and a light touch of vanilla. Fairly strong throw for about 8-9 hours. Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

Vintage Chic Scents Aunt Nellie's Holiday Treat, Aunt Nellie's Zucchini Supreme , Jackie O. This is the strongest VCS scent I've tried so far! A super rich zucchini bakery aroma with lots of brown sugar and cinnamon. Strong throw for 10+ hours. Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment