Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Recent Wax Reviews


Candy Panda Apple Zucchini Bread: this is one of my favorite zucchini bread blends! It's sweet and spicy apple with a warm, rich zucchini bread aroma. Strong throw for about 8 hours. Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

Destination Wax Pistachio Rosewater Cake: the first blend I melted from my DW order and I love it! A creamy and not too overwhelming pistachio with a sweet, fresh rose note and fluffy white cake. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Fairly strong to moderate throw for about 8 hours. Overall grade: A-. Would repurchase.

Glitterati Blue Raspberry Pink Sugar Twinkies- my first ever chunk of Glitterati, sent to me by my lovely blog friend Julie. I finally got around to melting some of it and it's great! All notes are present and it's well balanced. Sweet, but not overly, sickly sweet. Fairly strong throw for about 8 hours. Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

The Melting Duck Dead Man's Pearl: I received this scent in a destash; it's the only scent I've tried from this brand but I quite enjoyed it. Not sure of the specific notes but to me it smelled like a blue sugar cologne type scent, with a touch of fresh ocean air and a little sweetness I can't quite put my finger on. Strong throw for about 8 hours. Overall grade: A.  Might repurchase.

Glitterati Purple Rain: "black raspberry, vanilla, chardonnay." At first I got the dusky berry note but it was sweet and well balanced with the vanilla and had just a slight boozy wine note. A complex and well executed blend. Fairly strong to moderate throw for about 8 hours. Overall grade: B+. Might repurchase.


The Bathing Garden Lavender Vanilla Custard: this smells amazing and just the way I thought it would! Sweet lavender and creamy, smooth vanilla. Fairly strong throw for about 8 hours. Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

Destination Wax Rainforest Sugarcane: this is a spot on dupe for the refreshing BBW scent. Both sweet and fresh like raindrops on tropical fruits and flowers. Quite intoxicating. Fairly strong throw for about 8 hours. Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

Candy Panda Tea & Cakes: I think CO makes one of the strongest and most delicious tea & cakes blends there is! So warm and rich and sweet; I find it captivating. I love the dried rose petal decoration too. Strong throw for about 8 hours. Overall grade: A+. Would repurchase.

The Bathing Garden Coffee Sprinkles: another winner! Deliciously rich freshly brewed coffee with touches of sugar and spice. Strong throw for about 8 hours. Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

Destination Wax Tonka Bean & Citrus: a phenomenal and complex blend; I was surprised how much I loved it. Richness of fresh vanilla bean pods combined with a bright, punchy orange. Strong throw for about 10 hours. Overall grade: A+. Would repurchase.

Destination Wax Pralines & Popcorn: quite yummy, definitely had the decadent sweetness of nutty caramel corn. Fairly strong throw for about 8 hours. Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

Yankee Caramel Pecan Pie: I really don't purchase Yankee tarts anymore because I dislike their crumbly texture, slow melting and lack of throw. This one was a vague syrupy sweet and spicy scent. It had a bit more throw than most Yankee tarts but was still only moderate to light for about 6 hours. Overall grade: C. Would not repurchase.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, Coffee Sprinkles...my husband is a coffee-in-wax nut (actually just a coffee nut, period) and he's always on the hunt for a great java scent. I just got my first Bathing Garden loot and I'm so impressed - the wax is pretty great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moly scapoli! I think I'd love nearly every one of these blends. DW will be a must for me this summer when I'm buying wax again. I also love TBG scent choices, I got a sample in coffee sprinkles and it lasted for days-so good, I hope it returns this summer.
    I didn't know Bamboo Rainforest was a BBW dupe (I was so outta the loop when I worked at Yankee) gosh I have to find that blend too. Great reviews:)

    ReplyDelete