Friday, November 11, 2016

Fall Fun Series: Fall Body Care

I just had some luck on the fall body care front today. I managed to score some scrubs and wax from a popular retailer called Candy Panda that normally sells out very quickly. I purchased scrubs in Marshmalloween (marshmallow fluff), Vanilla Cafè, and Pumpkins In Paris (pumpkin brûlée.) I also purchased wax in  Pumpkins In Paris and Go The F*ck To Sleep (pink sugar, lavender, peppermint.) I am so excited to try these products!

have some other favorite buys from the last few months to share with you. First I must thank Julie from The Redolent Mermaid blog for getting me addicted to Manor, a fragrance from the indie perfume oil brand Solstice Scents. It is the most incredible woodsy vanilla blend: to me it smells exactly like freshly cut lumber and boozy vanilla extract. It has fabulous silage and longevity for me too; I catch wonderful whiffs of it for a good 6-8 hours.

I also ordered 2 other fragrances from Solstice Scents that I like quite a lot: Rose Mallow Cream and Sycamore Chai. Rose Mallow Cream is a dreamy rose with sweet cream. It lingers whimsically for 3-4 hours. Sycamore chai is like a whisp of woodsmoke and exotic chai spices. It actually has an odd cigarette smoke opening on me which I don't like, but dries down into a beautiful creamy chai scent. Lasts for about 2 hours on me. I would definitely purchase from Solstice Scents again; I think Manor has become a staple in my perfume wardrobe and I would love to try more scents.


I also recently ordered several perfume oil samples from a new to me brand called CJ Scents. This brand was recommended by a perfume forum that I frequent and the site offers 8 vials for $18 shipped. 2 of the scents I chose that were raved about were Vanilla Autumn and Vanilla Autumn Nights: woodsy vanilla and woodsy vanilla with a dash of spice respectively. I can't seem to get enough of this type of fragrance obviously. Vanilla Autumn reminds me a lot of Manor actually, only softer and more fleeting. VA Nights is like Manor + Sycamore Chai. So since I prefer the strength and longevity of the Solstice Scents, I wouldn't need to repurchase these particular CJ scents although they were nice. I tried another of the samples but it turned out to be a floral blend I didn't really care for and I gave it away to a friend. Nothing from CJ Scents has blown me away yet, but I look forward to trying the rest of the samples.


Finally, I repurchased a few favorites and tried a few new fall scents from Haus Of Gloi.Her pumpkin butters are so luxurious and I repurchased a butter in my favorite HoG scent: Satyr. (Another thanks to Julie.) On me it is the perfect exotic musky incense type scent and it's one of the few lotions that lingers on my skin for hours. I also ordered a butter and perfume oil in a scent I had heard raves about: Ghost Puffs. Ghost Puffs is described as "Orbs of buttery popcorn and marshmallow goo, presented on a wooden stick." It definitely smells like ooey gooey popcorn balls and marshmallow, but the scent was a little lighter and more fleeting than I thought it would be. It only lasts for an hour or so on me but is sinfully delicious. I also got perfume oils in Pumpkin Queen and Pumpkin Eater. Pumpkin Queen: "Gentle hay pillows, pumpkin, ripe peaches dusted with clove and nutmeg, dried summer herbs and lastly, a lovely crown of amber." Pumpkin Eater: "Cream, glowing pumpkin, rich vanilla bean and the tiniest touch of nutmeg butter." So Pumpkin Queen is bit more spicy pumpkin and Pumpkin Eater is a bit more creamy pumpkin. Both are glorious and last a couple hours on me. I am always pleased with my HoG orders and will continue to stock up on my favorite scents and products.


Have you tried any of these brands? What are some of your favorite fall bath and body products?

1 comment:

  1. Everything sounds heavenly, but I'm most intrigued by the House of Gloi exotic musky fragrance. Oh Julie, and her insidious influence! Is a pumpkin butter a rich lotion?

    ReplyDelete