Friday, November 18, 2016

Fall Fun Series: All About Candles

I love the ambiance a candle adds to a room; they really are so cozy this time of year! I just stocked up on some of my fall favorites a couple of days ago in fact. I snagged more of the 719 Walnut Avenue Pumpkin Waffles and Caramel Cinnamon Roll candles before they are gone for the year. They are two of my favorite scents and excellent performers; for just under $5 they can't be beat!
I also get really excited when Walmart brings out the winter and Christmas themed candles; I grabbed this Cookies For Santa which does smell delightfully of vanilla sugar cookies on cold sniff. There was also some sort of coffee scent that was sold out, so I will have to keep looking for that one.
I have also been melting this new Walmart Spreading Holiday Cheer candle which smells delightfully of spiced oranges; the throw is moderate to light.

As for Bath And Body Works candles; I only currently have two. I am waiting on Black Friday or the semi-annual sale to stock up on more. As much as I love their candles, we all know they're ridiculously overpriced and I can barely even swallow paying half price. My two beloved Pumpkin Coconut candles that I got on sale a couple months ago served me very well this fall; the throw of this scent never disappoints me, and sadly the last one is almost gone. I also have this new Winter Rose candle which is a refreshing change from a lot of heavy bakery scents. It is a nice perfumey and fairly realistic rose with moderate throw. I think most floral lovers would enjoy it. I don't know what makes it "winter" but whatever.

If you don't like to burn candles but love some of the classic BBW home fragrance scents, you're in luck! BBW recently released a line of wax melts! Of course they too are outrageously expensive; even on "sale" at 3 for $12 I paid $4 per ounce! That is a travesty considering most wax averages around $1 per ounce and Walmart clamshells are even cheaper at $2 for 3 oz. If you intend to buy these melts you are definitely going to want to stack sales and coupons. I have not melted any of mine yet so I will have to report back on throw. I had read that the Vanilla Bean Noel melt was rather lightly scented, so I passed on that one even though I love that scent. I would think the Mahogany Teakwood, Marshmallow Fireside and Caramel Cinnamon Swirl would have fairly strong throw since their candle counterparts do. We shall see.

Last but not least, if you would like some much more inexpensive and good quality wax dupes of BBW scents, many wax vendors carry them. Two of my personal favorite vendors for BBW dupes are Starry Skies and Beezy.
Starry Skies carries a huge variety of 1.5 oz scent shots for $1.25. Some of my favorite BBW dupes from her are all the pumpkin blends and some of the fresher scents like Leaves and Sweater Weather. They are spot on dupes and I usually get moderate to strong throw from them.

2 of my favorite Beezy BBW dupes from my most recent order were French Baguette and Blueberry Pumpkin Patch. They are hyper realistic scents and always have super strong throw! They are only $1.85 for 2 oz.

What are some of your favorite fall and winter candle scents? Where do you like to purchase your candles?

3 comments:

  1. I'm patiently waiting for a good sale on those ridiculous wax tart prices. When Yankee has a better wax melt price, you know you're way off B&BW! Hopefully, some of the ones I want will still be around. I plan to try to catch some new vendors in the new year, Starry Skies can sell out so quickly, but I'm gonna try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of got excited about the BBW wax tarts until I remembered that vendors usually have better throw and dupes than even the originals from BBW! LOL! I may try one just for poops and giggles but I doubt I will be hooked.

    Nice collection of BBW dupes in wax. I agree with Beezy, his are great! And my favorite Marshmallow Fireside dupe is from Lasting Scent Candles and Sugar & Spice. So yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that Cookies For Santa a 719 Walnut Ave candle?? I *still* have not seen the 719 Christmas ones come out at my Walmart. Grrr!

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete