Sunday, February 21, 2016

Recent Wax Reviews


Beezy Pumpkin Caramel Swirl:
On cold sniff this one smelled very strongly of spiced pumpkin. I adore most pumpkin scents, but I was a little concerned this one would be too overwhelming. When melting it began throwing like a beast within a few minutes; one of the strongest tarts I've ever had! For the first hour or so it was ridiculously strong; the spice was almost overpowering, but not enough to make me turn it off. Fortunately it mellowed out a little as time went on and became a pleasant pumpkin spice scent with a drizzle of rich caramel. It definitely lasted the entire day. If you want your whole home to smell like a pumpkin spice latte exploded, this is the tart for you. Overall grade: A-. Free sample, might repurchase.

Beezy Danish Butter Cookie:
So glad I purchased this one! It's not your run of the mill vanilla fragrance. It really does smell exactly like a freshly baked; rich, buttery sugar cookie. It had strong throw and lasted all day. I've heard of realtors baking cookies or burning candles for open houses; this would be the perfect scent for that, or for having guests over. Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

Smell Goods Love Spell (VS Dupe):
I know some people do not care for this fragrance; for some it probably evokes memories of preteen girls practically bathing in the stuff choking everyone around them. I personally didn't start wearing this fragrance until I was about 20, and no one I knew from childhood really wore it, so I happen to love it. To me it's such an interesting blend of sweet peach and fresh florals. I've tried a handful of Love Spell scented tarts and Smell Goods' version is definitely one of the best. It has fairly strong and long lasting throw without being cloying.
Overall grade: A. Would purchase.

BBW Stress Relief Eucalyptus Spearmint:
I was iffy about picking up this candle, but it was the only one on sale at the time and I really wanted a candle, haha. It seemed faintly herbal and minty on cold sniff, so I decided to give it a shot. Sometimes I find strong herbal scents to be overwhelming, but this candle is pleasant. It had moderate to fairly strong throw that is noticeable in the rooms but not offensive. It's not my most favorite scent ever as I lean towards more foodie type scents, but it is refreshing. It's performing well so far too; strong burning wicks with a deep, even wax pool. Overall grade: A-. Might repurchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment