Monday, June 6, 2016

Starry Skies Order Thoughts


This is my 2nd order from Starry Skies wax; and I'm just as impressed this time around as I was with my last order. Lorena the owner is possibly the sweetest and most helpful vendor I've ever ordered from, and that's saying a lot since I've had great experiences with all the vendors I've tried. Without being too specific, she made a special accomodation for my order that I was very grateful for. 

Although new to the wax slinging world, Starry Skies' business is steadily growing and it's no wonder with her unique blends, quality products, top notch customer service, and super fast shipping! Now, onto the scents!

Cold Sniff Thoughts:
Garden Tea Party: I ordered two of this scent because I had the suspicion I would adore it, and I was right! Top notes of rich robust bakery tea cakes and black tea, mingled with  sweet/spicy pink sugar and hints of fresh, creamy rose. An ideal blend for me! Strong.

Pink Birthday Cake: Exactly as I'd hoped it would be; heavenly aromas of pink sugar and sweet frosted vanilla cake. Amazing! Strong.

Alice: I like pink sugar and bakery blends and this is no exception. Similar to Pink Birthday Cake but with an added zing of sweet peppermint. Delightful! Fairly strong.

Cherry Kisses: Ooh, such a complex and unique blends! Multi layered aromas of realistic sweet cherry juice squirted in into fizzy soda with the powdery citrus scent of Avobath. It sounds very busy but works quite well! Strong.

Daisy's Treats: the strong scent of fruit loops with a background of delicious, freshly baked blueberry cobbler. What's not to love? Strong.

Pistashio Pudding Cake: I was excited to try this popular blend that I don't have much experience with. To me this is very well done; both sweet and fresh with the distinct note of real pistachio nuts. I like it a lot! Strong.

Arise: What is this sorcery of awesomeness? Equal parts fresh mango citrus and warm, bold tea & cakes with an added note of distinct zucchini bread! It all goes so well together; love! Strong.

Free Samples:
Once again Lorena sends several generous samples, and I'm so excited to try her scrub! I received a 1 oz sample of one of her most popular scents Daisy Cakes. It is Zucchini Bread + Avobath + Vanilla Smoothie. When I opened up the cute 1 oz jar I got all the scent notes, although the zucchini bread is the strongest. It smells wonderful and the the texture feels light and fluffy and not overly scrubby. I can't wait to use it for showers and manicures soon!

Sweetness (teeth shape): The shape of this tart cracked me up, but the scent is very nice. It is pink sugar + tropical fruits + fruit loops. It is very strong and sweet.

I also got a scent shot of a whoops melt. I love guessing what mystery scents are; to me this one smells like pink sugar +melon+ vanilla smoothie. Very strong and yummy! 

I couldn't be more pleased with my order and all the tarts from my last Starry Skies order had strong throw, so I am expecting these will as well. Have you tried Starry Skies? Which of these scents sounds good to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment