Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Recent Wax Reviews


CLK Black Ice type: This is one of the few "masculine" type scents I have. It's not something I'd normally order, but it was a free sample with an order so it's perfect for trying something new today. It is described as "Black Ice (Type) - This is a masculine fragrance that has fresh bergamot top notes, wild lavender and subtle florals that are followed by sandalwood and soothing musk. Inspired by the famous little tree air freshener scent."

To me it is very fresh/aquatic and clean with undertones of musk and a sharpness of peppercorn. This would be great for a men's body wash/cologne. It's not bad as a wax scent, but it's not my favorite either. I'm fine with melting it today but wouldn't purchase it because it's not for me. It's a very well done blend though with super strong throw that lasted all day. Overall Grade: A. Probably wouldn't purchase.

CFTKR Sweet Coconut & Fresh Lime: This is so bright and cheerful! The lime juice is strong and the sweet coconut water balances it out very well. Plus the sun shape is so cute! It had fairly strong throw for about 6 hours and became lighter thereafter. Overall grade: A-. Probably wouldn't purchase.

Wick N Wax Endless Love: Got this in a giveaway package probably about 9 months ago, so it's definitely time to melt it. It may be a VS Love Spell dupe; it's a little different though. I like Love Spell; this seems to be a more mature version. A little less fruity and more powdery, plenty of fresh florals. It's sophisticated without being dated; I think it's lovely! Cute shape too. It was strong for about 4 hours but now is rather light. Overall grade: B+. Probably wouldn't purchase.

BBW Paris Lavender Macaron 3-wick: I lit up my BBW Paris Lavender Macaron candle today; it's amazing! It's soft and sweet but still noticeable throughout my living room. I love it! I was worried the throw would be too light but it's not. It had a deep, even wax pool within half an hour and the wicks are burning strong. Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment