Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Recent Wax Reviews


CLK Guardian Angel:
It came in adorable mixed animal shapes; melting a turtle and (I think) a cow. This is a very unique and relaxing blend. It's described as "Soft rose petals, baby breath, and white flowers, with perfect accents of clove, nutmeg, patchouli, sandalwood, and Madagascar vanilla."
I like it a lot; I get top notes of powder, spices and soft musk, with lovely hints of rose and sandalwood. It's so pretty and relaxing. I'm getting moderate throw from one shape per warmer, which is probably around .75 oz each. Would probably be even stronger with two shapes per warmer; will try that next time. Overall grade: A-. Would repurchase.

CLK Sun Washed Linen:
I do not have many of this category of scent because I find many of them to be noxious and chemical-like. We probably all have at least one type of scent we avoid, right? I do love it when vendors send free samples with your order and you get to try scents you might not have otherwise picked for yourself. This sample of Sun Washed Linen from CLK is actually quite pleasant to me. Of course it doesn't smell delicious like my favorite foodie scents, but it isn't artificial either. It had fairly strong throw that lasted 12 or so hours. I wouldn't specifically purchase it, but it was well done. Overall grade: A-.

Front Porch Coconut Rose: I had been wanting to melt this scent ever since I ordered it a few weeks ago. Let me tell you, it's just as amazing as I'd hoped! Coconut and rose are two of my most favorite scents and I am surprised I've never seen them blended together before because they turned out to be so complimentary! It has top notes of sweet, creamy coconut and a gorgeous soft rose. If you don't like super sweet scents you might find this cloying, but I love it. It's so rich it almost reminds me of sugar milk or serendipity. This is the strongest tart I've melted in a long time! It started throwing almost immediately and has been super strong so far. I think I need to get a large bag of this scent! Overall grade: A+. Would repurchase.

Sniff My Tarts Vanilla Waffle Cone/Strawberry White Cake/Georgia Peach: It's sooo good on cold sniff; super strong and I could smell all the individual notes. Such a unique and delicious blend. When it first started melting it smelled a lot like peanut butter to me for several minutes. What? Haha. Now that it's fully melted it has rich bakery notes with prominent strawberry and peach. It's morphed into PB&J for me. What is wrong with my nose today? Anyway, it still smelled good and has fairly strong throw that lasted all day.
After the first hour or two more of the peach notes did come out. Overall grade: A. Might purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment