Sunday, October 23, 2016

The Walking Dead: Melts & More

This will count as my Fall Fun Series post for favorite Halloween movies. I am not much for horror movies; the only Halloween themed things I really watch are Hocus Pocus and the Tim Burton classics. I do however like a lot of sci-fi and especially apocalypse and zombie shows. Like most of the rest of America, I am particularly obsessed with The Walking Dead.

Seeing as how tonight is the much anticipated season premiere, I thought it fitting to do a post on all things TWD.

must share my predictions for tonight's
episode. I have a feeling we will not find out who Negan kills in this episode. If we do it'll probably be at the very end after a bunch of flashbacks or other story aside. I think it will either be Abraham or Glenn that takes a Lucielle to the noggin, but I really hope that's not the case. I've also heard that maybe two important characters will be killed, but I guess we shall see...

Anyway on to the zombie themed wax melts! Today I am melting Zombie Crunch by Sassy Girl Aroma. It's one of my favorite zombie themed melts; strong throw and it's a great, well balanced berry/bakery blend. It smells just like Capt'n Crunch Berries cereal to me, yum!

Probably the first TWD themed wax collection I ever saw was from Cleanse Your Soul; it's be around since at least 2011. I just received a clamshell of my favorite CYS TWD scent which is Glenn. It is described as "The scavenger, the Asian, the pizza delivery guy.  A jack of all trades fits well with the scent of Chai Tea, and hints of caramel, coconut, and vanilla."

I received this Blank Label Ahh Zombies! scent in a destash. Sometimes pistachio scents are too overwhelming for me, but I quite like this blend. It's a more creamy pistachio and cherry blend.

I also decided to try a new wax vendor when I saw she had a "The Waxing Dead" sampler available. I found Scented Bliss Wax Melts through Instagram and I'm very pleased with her scent interpretations of each character. Today I am also melting The Archer. Here is a description of all the scents in The Melting Dead Sampler.
Have you tried any TWD themed wax melts? I know Super Tarts has a whole collection that I haven't tried. Any others I need to investigate?

I also wanted to share with you my TWD tribute mani. These polishes are by a brand called Native War Paints that has released several collections of beautiful TWD themed polishes. On my nails are two coats of Rotten Zombie Flesh (green) and 2 coats of It's Not The End. I am totally enamored of these polishes; so pretty and easy to work with!

So, are you a TWD fan? If so, I assume you will be watching tonight. In a few hours I will be stocking up on tissues and popping my popcorn. Until then, I'd like to leave you with a few of these gems.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not a Walking Dead fan but my hubby is. He's anxiously awaiting tonight's episode too. He thinks it will be a lesser character that was killed.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoooo boy those memes are spot on, as are the scents from Scented Bliss. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post!! I used to watch TWD until like Season 4 when it felt forced and weird. Then hubby and I gave up. But it was fun to watch while we did. I love your nails. That wax sampler sounds really well thought out. I bugs me to no end when vendors release samplers that do no seem to really fit the characters they are based on. But these totally do, at least the ones I recognize. And what a bunch of cool sounding blends. Looking forward to your review of them.

    ReplyDelete