Monday, October 10, 2016

Fall Fun Series: Pumpkins Galore


Few things are more representative of October and fall that the ever versatile pumpkin! From fall decor to recipes, this time of year would be a lot more dull without these humble gourds. Orange and round and oh so tasty; this post will be full of all things pumpkin!

First, some of my favorite pumpkin wax melts. I have a huge selection of pumpkin scented wax so I selected some vendor melts that I'm currently infatuated with.
BHG Roasted Pumpkin Coconut: not vendor but this is one of my absolute favorite pumpkin scented melts from  Walmart this year. I'm melting it today along with my favorite BBW Pumpkin Coconut candle.

Candy Panda Ugg Lyfe: "pumpkin coconut caramel. smells like pumpkin pie and samoa cookies had a baby."

Handmade Prim cinnamon covered grubby pumpkins and Vanilla Pumpkin.

Starry Skies Vanilla Pumpkin Marshmallow and Caramel Pumpkin Swirl. Also loving Cornucopia "pumpkin cupcake + coconut + cinnamon sugared donut."

LSC Pumpkin Stuffed French Toast 

Cosmic Gems The Great Pumpkin and Pumpkin Dream Cake 

VCS The Great Pumpkin: "Pumpkin Layer Cake Cream Cheese Frosting."

Cleanse Your Soul Oktoberfest Cake and Pumpkin Toffee Cake.

Confession time: I had every intention of making a delicious maple pumpkin trail mix recipe for this post, but when I went to the grocery store for ingredients under a time crunch, I became frustrated when couldn't find the recipe in Pinterest and ended up leaving empty handed. I realized later that I had been searching pumpkin granola instead of pumpkin trail mix. Darn...

Well anyway, here is a photo of the delicious trail mix I didn't end up making and if this recipe intrigues you, you can view it here at slimpickinskitchen.com. 

Fortunately a couple days later I was able to make my annual pilgrimage to Trader Joe's for "all pumpkin everything" season, my favorite time of year! If you too love all things pumpkin, I highly recommend a trip to the mecca of all things pumpkin, fair trade and tasty.

Among the delicious pumpkin goodies that made their way into my cart were Pumpkin O's (the perfect touch of pumpkin goodness, way better than pumpkin spice Cheerios)
Pumpkin Cheesecake 
Pumpkin Toaster Pastries.

love 99.9 percent of all the delicious goodies I've gotten from TJ's, but the one thing I'd recommend everyone steer clear of are the frozen waffles. Both the pumpkin and regular varieties are absolute cardboard, bleh.

I also made a recent pilgrimage to Walmart and they had a bunch of great pumpkin and fall themed housewares. 

I ended up with a mug, bowl and plate in case I have an overwhelming urge to eat off of pumpkins. Quite the bargain at $2.48 each.

Also sharing my favorite Pumpkin Spice Tea from Bigelow and some yummy pumpkin mini scones from a local grocery store.


I will leave you with this delightful image of my spirit animal Pusheen enjoying all things pumpkin.

Do you enjoy pumpkin recipes, products and decorations? What are some of your favorite pumpkin things?



4 comments:

  1. I do enjoy Pumpkin Everything Season! I did not care for the pumpkin spice Cheerios, mainly because there wasn't enough flavor, but I've been enjoying the other goodies I've been trying.

    We grew our own pumpkins one year and had over 20 (I think?) to set all around the house and yard. We skimp though when we have to buy them, and only have two large and two small on the porch this year.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous plenty of pumpkins pic! I'm with you on the trail mix, the TJ's (if I had one closer than an hr away) and all of those accessories. For some reason, I never go for the pumpkin sweets and flavored bevs. Guess I'd rather do chocolate or chai...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That trail mix!!! Thank you! With the seeds and butterscotch morsels they look amazing. I will be Googling that bad boy.

    Nice picks from TJ's. I think I need to hit up the one in Tampa or Orlando soon.

    Those fox bowls and pumpkin coffee mugs are adorable. I would love to get some but I know my husband would not be a happy camper. We try to keep our kitchen stuff minimal since we barely have any cabinet space. I don't even really do appliances. Not toasted ovens or blenders or anything.

    Thank you for the wonderful pumpkin post and kawaii Pusheen. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, that "Taste a pumpkin" business is nothing to laugh at - when I was a kid, I had a cocker spaniel named Boo, and one time she ate a pumpkin. Or half of one - we lived on a farm, and my grandfather found her, like, literally in the field, inside the remains of the pumpkin, sick as a you-know-what! Not to worry, she was fine, emergency vet trip notwithstanding. Dogs, man.

    All that pumpkin wax sounds so delicious, and so many pumpkin coconut blends, too. You've got some great ones there. K's Kreations had one that was coconut, pumpkin and pink sugar - it was great, and I don't even like pink sugar all that much.

    ReplyDelete