Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Recent Wax Reviews


Starry Skies Trichomania (Lush dupe- creamy coconut & vetivert oil):
I love this scent! It's a creamy, not too sweet coconut with a hint of freshness. Reminds me of the BHG Dual Scents By The Pool Splash + Coconut a lot. It had strong throw all day too. Overall A+. Would repurchase.

TBG Victorian Midway: This is fabulous for fall! It's a great scent, kind of a spicy pumpkin bakery blend with fairly strong throw for about 8-10 hours. Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

TBG Mad Hatter Tea Party: I got this one from a swap. I thought this would be a tea and cakes blend, but it's actually very minty fresh. Reminds me of York peppermint patties mixed with Irish Spring soap; very unique. I like it but don't love it. Strong throw though; lasted all day and probably could have gone a second day. Overall grade: A. Probably wouldn't repurchase.

Starry Skies Whimsic Alley (serendipity + French vanilla + sugar cookies.) This smells great on cold a slight creamy cherry nuttiness from the serendipity and plenty of vanilla. I was surprised it only had moderate throw for a couple hours and then became light. I changed it out for something else after about 7 hours. All the other Starry Skies scents I've tried have had strong throw. Overall grade: B. Probably wouldn't repurchase.
http://img.makeupalley.com/9/7/9/4/3036540.JPEG

1 comment:

  1. Oooooo! You melted your Victorian one already!! I have two of those waiting in my fall stash. I am stoked you gave it an "A". I was hoping it would be as good as it smells warmed as it does cold. LOVE that tart. Totally wish I would have bought more. Maybe she will have it as a scent of the month one day.

    ReplyDelete