Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Candy Panda Aphrodite's Sun Room Sampler


This is my first time ordering from Candy Panda. I ordered from the My Candy Panda branch of the company which is expertly manned by Yuli and does the sampler preorders. The Candy Panda is run by Stephanie and handles the RTS 5 pack waxes, scrubs, and body butters. I must say both of these ladies have top notch customer service and communication skills. I first found out about their brand on Instagram and then joined their Facebook group. They conduct themselves very professionally and make every effort to satisfy their customers. Their business has become something of a phenomenon of success and I think it's these two ladies' hard work that drives their business forward.

Anyway, I had really wanted to order from Candy Panda for a long time, but I don't really care for the Hunger Games style openings of the RTS site where everything sells out in minutes and you have to worry about items leaping out of your cart. I prefer to browse scents and products at my leisure and check out with everything I wanted, especially when I've not tried a brand before. Some people do love the excitement of making a list and opening a bunch of browser tabs and becoming masterful keyboard ninjas though, so I venture to say that anyone can find an ordering style and fragrance blends they will love through Candy Panda.

I placed my first pre-order on July 8th for an Aphrodite's sun room sampler, which is a variety of fancy tea scents that sound absolutely divine to me! TAT was a tentative 6-9 weeks with shipping beginning on August 22nd and running though September 12th. I must have been among the first batch of customers to order because imagine my delight when I received a shipping notice promptly on the 22nd! I was even more happy to receive my order today; Wednesday the 24th! Such quick cross country shipping from GA to CA!

So with out further ado, my cold sniff thoughts on this lovely sampler.

Arnold Palmer (iced tea lemonade): Mmmm... a super realistic sun brewed black tea aroma with a twist of lemon. Not too sweet; very refreshing; I love it! Moderate.

Forbidden Drink (forbidden fruit tea): An exotic sweet tea blend- smells like Passionfruit and plum to me, similar to Starbucks Passion Iced Tea. I adore it! Strong.

Lemon Ginger Tea: This is very fresh, bright and herbal to me. Not sweet at all, but so calming and refreshing. A tart lemon and freshly ground ginger root; very pleasant. I think I would love this for days when I don't want a sweet scent. Very complex. Strong.

Golden Apple: Smells just like my favorite apple cider spiced tea that I love to drink in fall and winter! A little different than a traditional cider scent. has the apple with cinnamon and spice, but also a bolder, deeper tea leaves note. Very realistic and delicious! Strong.

Persephone (citrus cucumber green tea): top notes of cool cucumber and bottom notes of fresh, calming green tee, with the lightest splash of citrus. A very relaxing scent; I could see melting this in the bathroom while taking a long bubblebath after a hard day. Moderate.

Earl Grey Tea: for those traditional Earl Grey lovers, this is a dead on dupe of a steaming mug of that classic black tea! Sure to please all tea lovers. Moderate.

Vanilla Chai Tea: this was the scent I was most looking forward to and it did not disappoint! One of the most delicious, realistic chai scents I've ever smelled! Expertly blended creamy vanilla with chai spices and a splash of steamed milk. No "off" notes that can sometimes be present in chai wax scents. I will be needing this scent by the truckload please! Strong.

Lemongrass & Green Tea: I quite like this blend. I have tried other similar blends that had sharp bitter notes I didn't care for. This one is a soft, almost powdery green tea with a zesty, herbal lemongrass note. They work very well together. Moderate.

Dionysus (pomello currant sultry tea): I am not familiar with what these notes are supposed to smell like, but I find the blend quite pleasant. To me it's kind of a duller herbal/fruity tea scent with an almost musky, incense-y bottom note. I like it; very intriguing. Moderate.

Artemis: peach and rhubarb roobios blend): I would say this scent is my least favorite of the sampler, which I'm surprised by, but it's still not bad. I don't know if it was the peach or the rhubarb but something took a bitter turn to my nose amongst the nice fruit and tea leaves notes. Bold, sweet and fruity, but unfortunately a little bitter. I will be interested to see if that goes away when melting. Strong.

Lemon Slice Spritzer: very realistic; it does smell like fresh, tart lemon slices floating in a glass of sparkling water. Different than anything else I have; I like it a lot. Strong.

Mystery Sample- Aphrodite's Mirror: not sure of the notes but to me it smells like an opulent fruity herbal tea with peach nectar and perhaps a splash of booze throw in. Very decadent and rich; I love it! Strong.

Overall I'm very happy with my Candy Panda sampler! There are many scents that I'd love to purchase again and I hope I get the chance to order more in the future!

1 comment:

  1. Nice sampler! Thank you for the nice mailer of wax tarts! I look forward to melting them. The vanilla chai one here sounds like the winner for me. Candy Panda has some amazing tarts for sure.

    ReplyDelete