Saturday, August 27, 2016

Recent Wax Reviews



Vintage Chic Scents Nucky's Boarwalk:
This is a delightful blend of traditional fair type foods: top notes of sweet caramel and juicy apple, mid bakery notes of powdered sugar and fried funnel cakes, bottom notes of sweet and salty kettle corn. I love this blend; very realistic! It makes me think of summer and also makes me hungry. To me it's similar to the BBW Summer Boarwalk candle, although not quite as strong of a throw. Throw was fairly strong to moderate for about 8 hours.
Overall grade: A-. Would purchase.

Wonderberry Toasted Marshmallow Bubblegum: I was surprised at how much I liked this blend! These scents sound like they'd be an odd combination but they worked surprisingly well together. I got both the creamy marsmallow note and sweet pink bubblegum note and found it very pleasant. Pretty strong throw for about 8-10 hours. Overall grade: A. Would purchase.

VCS Jackie O In Cali:
"Mango Sorbet Marshmallow Birthday Cake Vanilla Bean Noel." I thought this was a delectable blend! I did get tropical fruits mixed with sweet vanilla bakery. I think VCS blends like this one are so unique and very well executed. Throw was great; strong for about 10 hours. Overall grade: A+. Would purchase.

Candy Panda MMMBOP: This is blueberry + fruit loops and I could definitely smell both notes and it was delicious! Strong throw for 8-10 hours. Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

Lake Providence Lodge Sweet Honey Cornbread and Strawberry Fluff: I had fallen in love with this blend from first cold sniff and it did not disappoint when melting! Super realistic and delicious honeyed cornbread aroma with bottom notes of fresh strawberries and whipped cream. I seriously wish I could eat this. Strong throw for about 10 hours. Overall grade: A+. Would repurchase.

LPL Pistashio Punch: I am not keen on all pistachio scents; I find the strong nuttiness of some of them overwhelming, but this blend is absolutely perfect! It's a creamy pistachio and reminds me of pistachio ice cream and fizzy lemon lime soda. So nice and refreshing!  Strong throw that lasted all day! (12+ hours). Overall grade: A+. Would repurchase.

Handmade Prim Lime & Mint Mojito: this was a tangy and refreshing blend. A twist of tart lime and undertones of fresh mint. No boozy note detected. Strong throw for about 8 hours. Overall grade A-. Might repurchase.

VCS Rockford Peaches: "Pink Chiffon Blushing Peaches Cotton Candy." I adore this blend! The fresh, juicy peaches blend so well with the sweetness of pink sugar and cotton candy. I do wish the throw was a little stronger; it was moderate for about 8 hours. Overall grade A-. Would repurchase.

Pocket Full of Peonies Sweet Tea & Lemonade. This is a super yummy blend! Heavy on sweet lemonade with hints of freshly brewed black tea. This scent had a BEAST of a throw.! It could have lasted 2 days, very impressive! Plus I cannot get over how cute the Chanel bag shape is! Overall grade: A+. Would repurchase.
http://img.makeupalley.com/9/7/9/4/3034433.JPEG
http://img.makeupalley.com/9/7/9/4/3034434.JPEG

No comments:

Post a Comment