Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Recent Wax Reviews


Butterfly Lane Pineapple Soufflé Pina Colada Birthday Cake:
This was a lovely blend on cold sniff; super creamy pineapple with hints of vanilla and coconut. Unfortunately it did not throw extremely well. It had a fairly light throw for about 4 hours and I couldn't really smell it at all after that. Lovely blend but I'm disappointed by the performance. Overall grade: C. Would not purchase.

CFTKR Apple Pizelle:
A nice, rich bakery scent with warm cinnamon glazed apples and buttery pastry. Quite scrumptious but I only received moderate throw from this one for about 6-8 hours. I do wish it had performed slightly better. Overall grade: B. Might purchase.

Beezy Butterscotch Marsmallow: A rich caramel sauce aroma with an added hint of creaminess from the marsmallow. I caught noticeable whiffs of this scent all day but it wasn't quite the beast of a throw I'm used to from Beezy. Still good though. Overall grade: A-. Might repurchase.

Misfit Eclectic Cherry Kiss:
Not familiar with this brand at all; received some scent shots in a destash. This was a typical candy cherry scent, with perhaps a hint of almond. It was pleasant but rather ordinary with a moderate throw for about 6 hours. Overall grade: B. Probably wouldn't purchase.

Handmade Prim Cinnamon & Vanilla:
My favorite melt of the week so far! Not even fully melted yet and it has quite strong throw. I can't attest to the longevity yet, but I'm loving it so far. A wonderful aroma of not too spicy cinnamon and sweet vanilla. Reminds me of horchata with a shot of vanilla extract; yum! Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

Wilma Watermelon Candy:
Definitely a candy watermelon scent on cold, and when melting becomes a little powdery, like watermelon + sweet tarts. A pleasant aroma, but not my most favorite watermelon scent ever. Throw is moderate so far; I have to be within 5 feet of the warmer to smell it. Overall grade: B. Probably wouldn't purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment