Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Lake Providence Lodge Prize Cold Sniff Thoughts


was lucky enough to win a 2 pound wax prize from Lake Providence Lodge! I had ordered once before and really enjoyed her wax, and also gotten a few scents in destashes/swaps, but hadn't yet gotten around to ordering again, so this bountiful prize came at a most fortuitous time. Karen has the most wonderful customer service and is ridiculously generous with her giveaway prizes! I gave her a general idea of some of her scents that I like and ones that I wanted to try, but I'm now convinced she is psychic because she managed to include several blends I was really interested in but had forgot to mention! I was so overjoyed when I opened the box and a delicious aroma wafted out and I kept uncovering more and more wax treasures, each of which sounded and smelled more amazing the last. It was hard to restrain myself from audibly gasping and squealing, haha.
Here are the scents I received.

Rainbow Sherbet: It's hard for me to distinguish the individual fruit notes here, but it's a delectable summery, creamy, fruity blend, just like real rainbow sherbet. Top notch! This is one of the scents I'd had my eye on and I can't wait to melt it. Strong.

Pistashio Punch: a blend that intrigued me, and with good reason. I can take or leave most pistachio scents, many are too artificial and overwhelming to me, but this one packs quite a realistic nutty punch with a hint of sweetness to balance it out. Well done and super strong!

Cold Ginger Ale: this was one of the few scents I'd requested by name because it's one of the most popular LPL blends and I hadn't tried it yet. It's certainly very unique; much less sweet than other "fizzy soda" types I've tried. It has that spicy nip of real ginger ale but is still refreshing and ever so slightly sweet. I can sweet why customers are taken with it; I suspect it will be amazing when melting! Very strong.

Sweet Honeyed Cornbread Strawberry Fluff: Oh My Gawwwwd! This is one of the blends I was so excited to see and I am not disappointed! I had told Karen that Strawberry Fluff was one of my favorites of her scents, but this blend is just beyond amazing! It is the perfect, most realistic cornbread ever, dripping with golden honey, followed by a dessert of sugared strawberries and whipped cream. I literally wish I was sitting at a farmhouse table eating this right now! One of the most impressive blends I've smelled in a long time. Even if this had been the only LPL scent I'd received, I'd be happy. Strong.

Breakfast At The Lodge: another one of my LPL favorites that was an instant love. Smells just like cinnamon dusted French toast and pancakes swimming in maple syrup to me. I can't get over how well Karen nails her foodie blends! Strong.

Evergreen & Orange: Oooh! I would not think these two scents would go well together, but they work! Super strong opening notes of crisp, fresh evergreen branches chased by a class of cold, tart orange juice and a pinch of spices. This voodoo magic scent is simultaneously fresh, bright and spicy in the best possible way! I'm so excited to melt it this winter. Super strong.

Tobacco Rose: I was super excited to see this scent as it has been ar the top of my "to try" list and I was kicking myself for not mentioning it. On cold, it's not quite what I was expecting. It has sort of a fresh, laundry type opening; rather soapy which I don't generally care for. Mid notes of fresh rose which was nice, but I'm having trouble getting tobacco from this at all. I thought it would be more of an exotic rose blend with warm, musky tobacco curling around it. I'm surprised at how fresh it was. I'm still really interested to see what notes come out when melting though. Fairly strong.

Fresh Pear: I don't have many pear scents; and this one is delightfully refreshing! Golden pear notes with just a hint of sweetness and a bit of effervescence. It reminds me of a sparkling pear wine, which I'd love to taste. Strong.

Vanilla Butter Cookie Glazed Orange Cake: Glazed Orange Cake is another favorite of mine, and I'm delighted to try it in this blend as vanilla/bakery is probably my favorite scent category. A few LPL vanilla scents have had a strange "off" note to me in the past, but this blend doesn't seem to. The scrumptious glazed orange cake is prominent, with an added punch of vanilla bakery. A blend good enough to eat! Strong.

Volcano: I love a good Volcano blend and this one is superb! Tropical fruits are so yummy and refreshing to me. Strong.

Mulberry: I wasn't sure about this one, but it's pleasant on cold. A spiced candy berry scent, kind of like berry gummy bears. Strong.

I am absolutely floored by Karen's kindness and generosity! As always her blends are carefully crafted and her packaging is spot on. I'm so impressed with the attention to detail in her shapes and her wonderful customer service. I suspect I have found several new favorites among these scents and now have a good idea of what wonderful blends I'd like to order in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment