Saturday, December 12, 2015

Playing Catch Up: Recent Wax Reviews

Sorry for the lack of wax reviews recently; this time of year is so busy!
Here are some thoughts on my last few melts.


Ava's Toasty Cocoa Tart: On cold sniff it smelled like powdery hot cocoa mix, but I wondered whether it would smell good or artificial when melting. Good news; I love it! Smells just like Swiss Miss hot cocoa powder poured into a cup. Sweet, rich, cozy and comforting. Makes me think of my childhood. It has been throwing strong scent for several hours, and the Christmas tree shape is adorable! Overall Grade: A. Would repurchase.

Ava's Vanilla Lavender: On cold sniff this one smelled strongly of herbal/medical lavender. I was concerned about this one too, but it calmed down when melting and became more of a fresh, sweet lavender with the slightest hint of creamy vanilla. With that said, I've enjoyed other vanilla lavender blends more, especially the BBW Lavender Vanilla candles. I would have liked the vanilla to be more prominent to temper the lavender a bit more. Strong throw all day though and cute heart shape. Overall grade: B. Probably wouldn't repurchase.

Ava's Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake: This one did not disappoint folks! If you're looking for a a tart similar to BBW's Pumpkin Pecan Waffles, with an added hint of creamy cheesecake, this is your tart! Not to mention the pumpkin shapes are too stinkin' cute! Strong throw for several hours, becoming more moderate in the evening. Overall grade: A+. Would repurchase.

Pocket Full Of Peonies: Moroccan Mint: I was hesitant about this one at first; it smelled a bit like toothpaste to me on cold sniff. I probably wouldn't have purchased it based on description alone, but it came as part of a peppermint sampler and I'm glad it did. When melting it smelled like freshly brewed peppermint tea, which I love! Strong and long lasting scent. Overall grade: A. Would probably repurchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment