Friday, September 23, 2016

Recent Wax Reviews


VCS Sunny Side Of The Street ("lemon coconut butter cake"): This is a delightful blend of sweet lemon with vanilla cake and a hint of creamy coconut. It had moderate throw for about 6-8 hours. I wish it was a bit stronger as it smelled delicious. Overall grade: A-. Might repurchase.

Handmade Prim Blood Orange: It was a very tart citrus, almost bitter, but I liked it. It had fairly strong throw for about 8 hours. Overall grade: A-. Probably wouldn't repurchase.

VCS Delphine's Macabre Mansion ("Beignets Powdered Sugar Cinnamon Gooey Caramel"): this was a warm, indulgent bakery scent with hints of spice and caramel. Love the leaf shape! As is pretty typical with most VSC scents for me, it had a moderate throw for about 6-8 hours. Overall grade: A-. Might repurchase.

TBG Belle Morte (Beautiful Death- "Scented with black fruits that are balanced with creamy vanilla notes and a hint of ozone and crisp greens." I loved this one! It smelled of vanilla and plums to me; very tantalizing. It had strong throw for 10 hours; very impressive. The shimmery lady skeleton shape was so cool too. Overall grade: A+. Would repurchase.

BHG Fall Into Autumn: For me this one had opening notes of fresh, juicy apple, middle notes of fresh air and pine, and bottom notes of warm roasting chestnuts. I like it a lot! It had fairly strong to moderate throw for about 8 hours; a little less strong than I'm used to from BHG. Overall grade: A-. Might repurchase.

Cosmic Gems Tea Time: This vendor makes one of my favorite tea & cakes blends; it's so warm and rich with strong throw that lasts all day. Definitely a repurchase. Overall grade: A+.

Kitty's Konfections Virgin Who Can't Drive (cotton candy + iced lemon cookie): I was disappointed by the scents in this cotton candy sampler overall; I don't think it was a very strong fragrance oil, but this is the strongest of the ones I've melted so far. It was a yummy lemon bakery scent with fairly strong throw for 6 hours. Overall grade: A-. Probably wouldn't repurchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment