Sunday, September 4, 2016

Recent Wax Reviews

Southbound Soap Co Yankee Doodle Dandy (blue Hawaiin + lemonade + cherry slushee):
A great end of August melt! Definitely smelled like a realistic sweet, syrupy cherry slushee with hints of blue sugar. I don't really get any lemonade. It had strong throw for about 4-6 hours and then became light thereafter. Overall grade: A-. Might repurchase.

Rosegirls Scoopable Pumpkin Pecan Waffles:
This is a dead on dupe for the original BBW version of Pumpkin Pecan Waffles! It is warm and not overly sweet with a hint of sugared pecan nuttiness. Super strong throw that scented my whole house all day! Overall grade: A+. Would repurchase.

Pocket Full of Peonies Peppermint Sugar Cookie Royale:
This is my all time favorite peppermint sugar cookie blend! Just the right balance of vanilla sweetness and fresh mint. This was the last I had of this blend and it was nearly a year old, so I will definitely need to order more. I would really using it up in less than a year though; this last little bit did not throw as strong/long as it previously had. Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

Nene's Snickers Bar Candy Coffee/Nawlins Prailenes & Cream: This was my custom blend of my two most favorite scents from Nene's Kitchen Melts. She had requested blend ideas on her Facebook page a while back and was kind enough to send free sample brittle bags! Nene's coffee scents are the best and most realistic in my opinion. This really does have the aroma of milk chocolate and peanuts mixed with coffee and sweet cream. Strong throw for about 6 hours, becoming moderate thereafter. Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

Supertarts Bellatrix (Pink Sugar & Trix cereal):
I'm not sure Bellatrix (Lestrange) of the Harry Potter series would want to smell so sweet and girly, but this does smell great! The pink sugar is the most dead on dupe for the perfume I've ever smelled in wax. It definitely dominates the fruity cereal note. Throw has been strong for several hours. Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

1 comment:

  1. Woah, seen at a bit of a distance, I thought the writing on the lid of the scoopable was "Pumpkin bacon waffles"! Which I think might actually taste pretty great in real life, but I'm not so sure about a scent!

    ReplyDelete