Friday, January 15, 2016

Recent Wax Reviews


Scentsationals Violet Sugar:
This is as I hoped it would be; a strong, sweet violet floral scent. It had strong throw for about 4 hours, but I couldn't really smell it anymore after 8-10 hours.
Overall grade: A-. Would repurchase.

Scentsationals Iced Lemon Sugar Cookies:
Strong, tart lemon on cold sniff. The bakery/cookie note comes out when melting and it is a lovely blend. Strong throw for most of the day; approximately 8 hours. Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

Scentsationals Simple Romance:
I had tried this scent several years ago and had found it to be too strong. I'm not sure if my tastes have changed or if the formula has, but now I find the throw of Simple Romance to be just right for me. It's strong enough to scent whole rooms, but not overwhelming. It is a fragrant vanilla woods blend, slightly masculine and sensual like a cologne. Overall grade: A. Would Repurchase.

BHG Candied Caramel Apples:
I ordered this one as part of a multi pack that was on sale online. It is a strong and sweet candied apple scent with a hint of caramel. It doesn't smell artificial like some apple scents can to me, and can last 2 days. I like it a lot, but don't absolutely love it.Overall grade: A. Might repurchase.


Scentsationals Blackberry Cider: 
This is a sharp, fresh, dusky scent that reminds me a lot of blackberry wine. I don't get a lot of cider or apple, although it is a tiny bit spicy, like mulling spices. This scent intrigues me, but I wish the throw were a little stronger. I would call it moderately scented and it lasts 6-8 hours on average. If you like juicy blackberries with a hint of spice, you'd like this. Overall grade: B+. Probably wouldn't repurchase.

CFTKR Juniper Berries & Cedar:
This is a strong and fresh piney/woodsy scent with a bit of woodsmoke. It is very realistic; makes me think of a freshly cut Christmas tree next to a roaring fireplace. Strong throw all day. Overall grade: A. Might purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment