Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Country Dwelling: 10/9/13


I was feeling a little bit country today, folks. The DH and I were driving through many cold, windswept, and barren areas of Wyoming and Nebraska today, and a I needed an outfit that would be both comfortable and stylish. I chose a plaid shirtdress that is a little bit outside of my style norm, and decided to see what I could come up with.

Here are the bare bones of the outfit: the shirtdress and my olive leggings and brown riding boots.

After some deliberation, I added these items to complete the outfit. Quite often it's the accessories and the way they work together with the garments that makes an outfit look special.
Teal Cardigan: Rue 21 thrifted $8
Plaid Shirtdress: Sonoma thriftec $4
Olive Leggings: Walmart $7.97
Riding Boots: Walmart $29.87
Belt: Kohl's (free w/another dress)
Feather Earrings: The Cherokee Gift Shop $12.99

In keeping with the idea of trying new things, and the country theme, I had myself a tasty breakfast for dinner at Denny's. It was their new Ultimate Skillet: sliced sausage with red skinned potatoes, grilled peppers, onions, mushrooms, spinach, grape tomatoes, cheese, and eggs. So hearty and filling for this cold fall night.
As we drove off into the sunset, literally, this is what we saw.
While you are warm in your beds, we will be helping to stock your grocery stores. You're welcome. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment