Sunday, May 3, 2015

OOTD: Lilly Pulitzer for Target

So I did not go in search of Lilly for Target when it first came out. I was busy and people be crazy. This was actually my first visit to Tarjay since January, because Walmart was out of my face wash. I was delighted to find they put in a Starbucks, and even more delighted to find they had some Lilly stuff left! I had a sneaking suspicion the people in my small city are not as fashion rabid as the rest of the country and I found one picked over rack and a couple shelves. I asked an SA if it was busy on the day of the launch and she said it was pretty busy but she seemed surprised when I told her other stores had sold out within 10 minutes. There were several phone cases, a beach towel, some lawn chairs, votive holders, and other home decor. There were also a few toddler dresses, some tops in xs and s, a tunic in m, 2 pairs of leaf print pants in xs and s, and low and behold this gorgeous maxi dress IN MY SIZE!

Dress: Lilly for Target 
Cardigan: J Crew, Thredup 
Hat, bag: F21
Sandals: Walmart 
Bangles: street vendor and dollar store 

I must say, I love the print of this dress, and the fabric is nice; not to thin. I do not, however, love how the top half is constructed. It has a built in strapless bra that supports absolutely nothing. Good thing I had another strapless bra to wear with it, or the phrase "Calm your tits" could have been used literally.
I still love it though, lol!






No comments:

Post a Comment