Monday, April 20, 2015

Product Reviews: Cleanse Your Soul

I love the super fast shipping on RTS (ready to ship)! Ordered on Friday, shipped the same day, received today.

From left to right:

Pink Coco-Peach Sugar Baby Behemoth Scrub:
Smells exactly as I had hoped; strongly of fresh peaches with a bit of pink sugar. Lovely! I was worried it might have dried out because it was rattling around in the jar in one big clump. The oils had sunk to the bottom, but once I shook it up, it seems fine.

Coconut Cotton Candy Shea Body Butter:
Nice but not perfect. Heavy on the cotton candy, light on the coconut. Smells much better in the jar than on me. Leaves a sharp, bitter note on my skin, just like the Weeping of the Rain rollerball perfume from my previous order does. It's odd because those two products don't have any of the same fragrance notes. Idk if it could be an ingredient reacting badly with my body chemistry, but it's mildly disappointing. Will either save for legs/feet only or regift. On the plus side, the formula is lovely; sinks in to skin quickly and is soft and non-greasy.

Toffee Sugar Crunch Perfume:
Really confused by this one; it doesn't smell like toffee to me at all. Smells oddly fruity and musky, not sugary or toffee-like at all. Idk if I need to let this cure longer, but it should have already been curing for a couple weeks as it's RTS. I will revisit it, but it's a big disappointment so far. The glass bottle is cute.

Pink Lavender Linen Spray:
This is pleasant, but a very herbal lavender at first. It dries down to have a bit of the pink sweet element, but not as much as I would have liked. Thank you to the person that said it smells like BHG Sugared Lavender Twist; it is somewhat similar, though SLT is sweeter to me. Not exactly what I wanted, but still a keeper. I look forward to trying more linen spray scents, especially vanillas.

Perfumie in Vanilla Rock & Roll: this and the Pink Coco-Peach Sugar tie for my favorite scent of the order. It reminds me of Vanilla Coke and some unidentified tee magazine fragrance samples, lol. Kind of light on the vanilla, a little spicy and syrupy, very "perfumy" but in a good way. I love these perfumies for keeping in my purse.

Freebie- Perfumie in Bella e Caldo:
I had no idea what this scent was supposed to be, both before and after sniffing. Kind of got tropical/lilacs/sunscreen. I looked up the description; "Italian for "beautiful and warm". Warm musk scent with a hint of vanilla and the slightest wildflower undertone." I definitely smell the wildflowers, not so much the vanilla. I didn't know if I liked it at first, but it's growing on me.


No comments:

Post a Comment