Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Product Review: Herbolution Part 2


I used the Vanilla Caramel facial scrub yesterday evening. It removed oil and makeup really well. The sugar grains were a bit larger and more abrasive than I would have liked for my face. They were more the consistentcy of a body scrub. It was easy to apply and wash off. It did not smell like vanilla caramel imo, but like sweet oatmeal. What I do love about it is how soft and moisturized it left my skin. My skin was not tight and dry as it usually is after cleansing, and I did not even have to apply moisturizer like I usually do. Skin was soft all evening. There was some redness after scrubbing, but it faded within an hour. Would not recommend for sensitive skin, but very exfoliating for all other skin types. Upon waking up the next morning, I didn't notice any visible difference in my moderate acne, but my skin still felt soft and fresh. I'd give it a 3.5 out of 5 stars, but probably would not repurchase due to the abrasiveness and scent. 

This morning I tried the Dead Sea Mud Mask. The consistentcy was a little runnier and less thick than I am used to with masks, but it was still easy to apply and coat the whole face. The texture was not unpleasant; the mud grains were very fine, and the mask felt cooling but not tingly or uncomfortable. The smell was strongly herbal and pleasant. I left it on for about 5 minutes, until it was dry as the package directed. It was easy to wash off and didn't leave any weird residue. It did leave my skin a little more dry than the scrub had, and I applied my usual moisturizer afterwards. Overall pleased with the results as my skin looks fresh and bright. Only time will tell if it will help with my acne though. I would recommend this for all skin types, and probably would repurchase. 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment