Monday, April 13, 2015

Product Review: Herbolution Part 1


This is my first time ordering from the Etsy shop Herbolution. I wanted to try some facial products that were primarily made with organic/natural ingredients. After looking at several different options, I settled on Herbolution because they seemed to have the most exclusively organic ingredients list, and several of their products caught my eye. 

I ended up editing down my cart quite a bit because these items are on the pricy side, but for being handmade, using organic ingredients, and all recycled and/or biodegradable packaging, the cost is understandable. 

I was also pleased to see that they included two samples of their facial cleansing grains because I had wanted to try them! If I like them I may purchace them in the rose scent in the future. Ordering again is made even more enticing by the 10% off coupon with no expiration date they also provided! The shop owners are lovely and have excellent customer service.

I purchaced this Vanilla Caramel Organic Facial Scrub $9 for 1.3 oz.
Ingredients list from site: "Cane Sugar*, Oat powder*, White Clay, vegetable Glycerin*, Jojoba*, Raw local Honey, Bourbon Vanilla*, Vanilla absolute, Vanilla specks*, natural flavor*, vitamin E. 
*-certified organic."
My thoughts: beautifully packaged and what you'd expect in consisistency for a sugar scrub. It did not smell strongly of Vanilla Caramel to me though. Reminded me of oatmeal with a hint of vanilla extract. Smells pleasant, but no caramel detected.

I also ordered Dead Sea Mud Facial Mask $15 for 3.2 oz.
Ingredients list from site: " Dead Sea Mud, Raw local Honey, vegetable Glycerin*, Rosemary*, Lemongrass* and Grapefruit* essential oils.
*Certified Organic."
This has the consistency one would expect from a mud mask. It has a fresh, strong herbal scent.
Since I have already washed my face today, I will try the scrub tonight and the mask tomorrow and post a 2nd review!

No comments:

Post a Comment