Sunday, November 10, 2013

Fall Basics Haul

Chambray shirts have been very fashionable as of late especially for fall. It's not a trend I ever thought I would embrace, as I always thought they would make me look somehow western or matronly. However after seeing tons of chic styling ideas for them on Pinterest and blogs, I decided to give them a shot. I tried on at least half a dozen styles in the last few weeks, in several washes and cuts, and hadn't really found one that wowed me. Ideally I wanted a chambray shirt that was feminine (not western or dowdy) with interesting detail, like perhaps lace panels. Well, I finally pulled the trigger on one yesterday. I ended up going with this adorable polka dot chambray style from Walmart. It was the only one left and in my size, so I figured it was meant to be!

For fabulous and versatile chambray shirt looks, I love the ideas from the blog Putting Me Together.
www.puttingmetogether.com/2013/10/how-to-wear-chambray-for-fall-7-style.html?m=1


I also got variations of a few other fall basics that I already know fit my style. I bought 2 of this shirt, 1 black with white stripes, and the other white with black stripes, as I know I have a lot of use for black and white striped shirts in my wardrobe.

Another fall basic that I love in my wardrobe is tights, specifically jewel toned colors. In addition to my black and burgundy I added these teal and plum pairs. I will have to keep my eyes open for a mustard pair.

I also purchaced some thick, wooly boot socks in plum and black. I could not find any photos of them to show you, but they are adorable!



No comments:

Post a Comment