Sunday, July 3, 2016

Recent Wax Reviews


The Bathing Garden Calypso:
This beautiful sand dollar shape is so unique and it has a gorgeous green pearlescent finish that isn't really captured in this photo. It's huge too, about the weight of a clamshell so I cut it into 6 slices. The scent is one I took a gamble on but I do like it. It's very green and fresh; reminds me of Irish Spring soap. Super strong throw that was noticeable all day! I am glad I am able to branch out more in my scent selection and find some fresh type tarts that don't bother me. Overall grade: A+. Might repurchase.

CFTKR Raspberry Coconut Zucchini Bread:
This smelled pretty light on cold, but the throw is amazing! The zucchini is very prominent as it is in most blends, and I get delightful whiffs of sweet coconut as well. Oddly I don't really get raspberry from this, but that's ok with me as raspberry is hit or miss for me. The warm zucchini bakery and sweet coconut are sooo good! It had strong throw for about 8 hours. Overall grade: A. Might repurchase.

CLK: Pink Sugar & Coconut:
I had high hopes for these adorable butterfly shapes as pink sugar and coconut are favorite notes of mine. They smelled wonderfully sweet and creamy for the first hour or two but after that the throw died down and I just got the waxy base smell for several more hours. This is the first less than stellar performing tart I've tried from CLK. Overall grade: B. Would not repurchase.

TBG The Fortune Teller: 
This is described as "cola drenched funnel cakes with butterscotch cream soda." I Love the scent! I get a lot of fizzy soda and butterscotch syrup w/a hint of bakery. The throw was strong for an hour or so and now has become moderate but still noticeable in my small rooms. (Glade warmer and BHG plug in warmer.) It is rather hot in my house though and I find the heat always lessens the throw of my wax. :( Overall grade: A-. Would repurchase.

Sweet Sage Scents Sage's Cranberry Mountain Dew:
Purchased this one in a destash and it's quite delightful! Perfect blend of tart, fruity cranberry and fizzy soda. Moderate throw that was noticeable all day. Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

TBG Blueberry Lavender Sugar Cake:
It smells like tea & cakes mixed with blueberry muffins and a hint of calming lavender. Absolutely divine! Fairly strong throw in my bedroom/bathroom for the past several hours. Plus I can't get over how cute the clamshell is! Overall grade: A. Would repurchase.

CFTKR Fresh Picked Strawberries is melting in the kitchen/living room. It is so yummy and has great throw! Bo the realistic strawberry shape and scent are winners. Overall grade: A+. Would purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment