Monday, June 29, 2015

Cocoa Pink & Dame Perfumery Reviews

First my thoughts on the CP mermaid set and deodorant I ordered, in no particular order.

Coco Mango Body Butter in Paradise Found: I don't like a lot of fresh clean scents, but I love this! To me it's like a fresh ocean breeze + clean sheets + coconut. Great light yet strong summer scent. I like the formula because it sinks in really quickly and makes my skin very soft. I do slightly prefer the voluptuous body butter because the coco mango formula seems to leave a bit of oily residue on my hands, but still really like it overall.

Princess Poo in Seychelle's Island: meh about the scent; smells just like dish soap to me. I do like the formula though; the Princess Poo I'm currently using leaves my hair feeling very soft.

Argan Therapy Creme Conditioner in Beach Bum: loooove this one! It's a very pink & fruity scent; I get cotton candy, coconut, strawberry and marshmallow. Smells good enough to eat! Love the formula of the one I'm using currently. I've noticed a decrease in split ends.

Ends W/Argan Benefits in Loreley's Song: wow, super strong and cologne-y. Strikes me as rather masculine, like Axe. I kinda get grass, wood, and amber. Would smell good on DH. I will reserve judgment until I use it in my hair, but idk if I like the scent for me.

Silky Soft Body Oil in Breakfast On The Beach: I'm in heaven! Like the best warm vanilla sugar pastry ever, with a hint of strawberry. One of my favorites. I haven't tried it yet, but I forsee myself using this product a lot just for the scent!

Anti Frizz in Morocco: I kinda like it but don't love it. It is also slightly masculine, yet powdery. Like Ivory soap mixed with amber, woodsmoke, and I do detect that hint of peppercorn in there. I have used and loved anti-frizz before, it really works!

Linen Spray in Bonfire Celebration: decent. Interesting; smells like Gain mixed with smoke and freshly cut grass.

Underarm Candy Deodorant in Black Noel: pleasant; like vanilla noel type scent but with a strong base scent. Time will tell if it's effective.

Free Samples:
Soft Bubbles Sugar Scrub: fresh but like an antique grandma type perfume. Not sure I like it. The texture seems nice and fluffy though.

Coco Mango Body Butter in Marshmallow Cake on Mondays: soooo glad I got this one. Smells just as described and so yummy!

Now for the free perfume samples I got from Dame Perfumery. I saw this etailer reviewed on a blog and was alerted to the fact that if you send him a postcard he will send you a free perfume sample. I asked to try one called Peach Blossom, Violet & Vanilla. I was floored to see that he sent me not one but 5 samples and shipped within a week! Such generosity! If I find a favorite I wouldn't hesitate to save up and buy a full sized bottle.

Peach Blossom, Violet & Vanilla: very nice but very floral. Heavy on the violet, can't detect much vanilla. I thought it'd be similar to Love Spell, but it's much more sophisticated.
Mexican Vanilla: spicy yet powdery vanilla. Wearing it now, reminds me of horchata, yum! Very strong.
Dark Horse: Nice! Reminds me of BBW Dark Kiss but with less sweet berry.
Desert Rose: a pretty tea rose with fresh grass.
Herb Man (men's cologne) herbal, patchouli, grassy.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the perfume descriptions! His prices are pretty good for the huge sized bottle he sells. I hope you find a new favorite! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete