Tuesday, January 13, 2015

DIY: Rose Petal Sugar Scrub

I'm so excited! This sugar scrub DIY is so easy that most anyone can do it with items they have on hand. When the rose petals started falling off the lovely roses my DH gave me, a light bulb went off in my head. I remembered seeing this pin on Pinterest and it looked super easy. 

I used an old BBW mason jar, regular white sugar, olive oil, and light pink rose petals as that's what I had on hand. I didn't have a food processor or blender so I mixed it by hand in a glass bowl. This worked just fine; you just have to tear the rose petals up into small pieces as you go. I know this scrub works because my hands are moisturized and exfoliated after mixing it up, lol!
Here's how my finished product turned out:

The consistentcy is good, the olive oil turned the sugar a lovely brown sugar color, and the crushed rose petals do give it a nice light rose scent. Very happy with my first attempt, and now thinking of all the endless possibilities! Darker colored rose petals would add more contrast. This would be great with coconut oil, and you could add anything from rose essential oil to vanilla extract for some extra scent! I'm going to save all my old candle jars from now on, and now I know what everyone's getting for Valentine's Day! With a Handmade label and little ribbon tied around it, it will be so cute! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment