Friday, April 4, 2014

April OOTD Challenge Day 4

Today's challenge was try a boyish look. I have to admit, today's challenge was more difficult for me than the other days. My original inspiration was this look pictured on the blog Habitually Chic that someone here introduced me to recently. I see it fits right in; a lot of us ended up going with the sweater/buttonup combo today. :)

It's supposed to be Parisian chic, but I thought it could double for menswear inspired.

Mine:

I had so many problems attempting to get dressed today. First I had to do emergency surgery on my sweater because it somehow developed a hole in the boob. It was new, worn and washed 1x and I had never noticed a hole. I was aghast because this is one of my new favorite sweaters. Fortunately I was able to save it and you can't really tell where the hole was now. Then I accidentally took my first set of outfit pics with my phone still attached to its bright pink charge cord. Not a good look.

Finally, although I like this look, the white shirt is linen and therefore a PITA to iron. Plus it just seemed a bit too preppy for my taste; I felt like I was playing dress up. Then I checked the weather and realized it was going to be in the 70's today; a bit warm for the trench and long sleeved layers. 

I finally swapped out the white shirt for this plaid one and felt more myself.

It was interesting to be truly challenged and try a new style. Now I'm wishing I had paired a band tee with a blazer. That looks so bad*ss.

Trench: ASOS thrifted
Black v-neck sweater, Halogen via Thredup
White shirt, Ralph Lauren thrifted
Plaid shirt, thrifted
Jeans, Dollar General
Burgundy wedge booties, Kmart
Watch, groopdealz.com
Earrings, jane.com

Tomorrow's challenge is "Change out your handbag."

No comments:

Post a Comment