Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Top Money Saving Websites!

There's few things I love more than the thrill of discovering a new resource for getting incredible items at even more incredible prices! This is a list of my favorite websites for saving money on a wide range of items. I predict you will come to find some of them indespensable as I have. Enjoy!

Discount Codes and Coupons:
Terriffic for online shopping, getting discount and free shipping codes for online retailers, and links to other coupon websites.
Very similar to promotionalcodes.com, when I can't find any discount codes on one website, I always check the other and usually find some money saving goodies! Don't shop online without checking!
Great for getting printable coupons for groceries and toiletries from lots of brand name products and major chain stores. Anther similar stite:
*http://www.grocerycouponcart.com/print-coupons

I also recommend signing up for email coupons from some of your favorite retailers. I have saved loads of money with email deals from Barnes & Noble, Ihop, Papa Murphy's and Old Navy! If you're worried about getting tons of spam email, create a separate email account just for sign up deals and orders.

Freebies and Sweepstakes:
Because so few things in life are ever free, I absolutely love scoring a sweet deal through a sweepstakes or contest! Most reputable sites like the ones to follow are no purchace necessary and only require your name, address, and email. If you're worried about your email being spammed out, read the site's privacy policy; most of these sites will not share your personal information with outside parties, and you will have the option to not subscribe to their newsletters and other emails if you don't want them. Although there are many different types of freebie websites out there, I prefer the ones affiliated with magazines because they are the safest and have the coolest stuff! You generally don't even have to read the magazines to enter their giveaways although it's better to because you will often find magazine only freebies that you can't get on line. One exception would be Seventeen's daily freebies (you need code words listed in the mags to enter). Magazines are fabulous for so many tips and ideas that its a good idea to subscribe to a few that tailor to your intrests. Make sure you actually subscribe as its much cheaper than buying them off the newsstands (and you often get cool freebies with your subscriptions!) And yes, it IS actually possible to win these items; I will show you some pics of my successes. It's totally worth your time!
*http://www.luckymag.com/breaks
Lucky Magazine's website is my alltime favorite freebie finder, because they have the NICEST  things and lots of them! I won the following American Apparel Dress from here. It may be bright yellow (didn't get a color choice) but it challenged me to style it creatively, and the outfit I centered around it ended up looking absolutely fab! It's 28 dollars I didn't spend, by filling out a 30 second form. How cool is that?!
*http://www.seventeen.com/fun/freebies/
Seventeen Magazine has great online freebies; the dailys you need code word for from the mag, but all other freebies listed are accessable to everyone! Plus if you read the magazine, it's packed full of in-store freebie giveaways and coupons, mail in freebie offers, and even text to win offers for the phone addicted fashionista! I have gotten over $200 worth of freebies from this magazine and site alone! Totally worth the $10 a year subscription! I've scored two many freebies from here to show them all, but here's a couple of my faves:

Black leggings from Sears worth $6.50. I practically lived in them all winter!
A great basic v-neck from Aeropostale that was $17.50!


 A couple pairs of super cute Flirtitude undies from JC Penney, worth $7.50 each! (No, I am not modeling.) :)
This fab Mary Kay spf 15 lip balm in Poppy, worth $13, ended up being perfect for me; it's my new go to shade!
*http://www.glamour.com/magazine/sweeps/archive
Although I haven't yet won anything from Glamour, they have a nice monthy selection of high end designer items and there fabulous vacation getaways will have you dreaming... I'm crossing my fingers for Hawaii!


Another worthwile magazine site, Marie Claire has great designer items and features cover look giveaways of the clothing and cosmetics of the montly cover stars! There's a dream come true!
 Really, who wouldn't want all this free stuff?! You owe it to your glam self to go freebie hunting!

Clothing and Accessories:
Has the most AMAZING inexpensive (like in the under $10 range) selection of jewelry and also has other accessories such as sunglasses and hairclips. Much of the jewelry featured in my earlier blog posts has come frome here, but I will show you a few more pieces I have not previously listed.
I love my owlies, only $5.99!

Super cool vintage leaf pins, only $3.99! Wore them on jacket lapels all last autumn.

An awesome gift for my photo lovin' mommy, only $9.99!

*http://www.forever21.com/Default.asp?cookie%5Ftest=1
Forever 21 is incredible for inexpensive everything! Looking for something cheap and chic, you are almost always guaranteed to find it at Forever 21. I especially recommend you click on their "Fabulous Finds" section which features clothing well under $15 and accessories starting at just $1.50. Here are some of my fab finds:

This lightweight waterfall cardigan kept me cozy all winter for $11.50!

Their basic tees and camis are truely fabulous! I got a white scoopneck with lace trim on sale for $3.50; I layer it under EVERYTHING!

I cannot get over these awesome tote bags! In a wide array of designs, they are only $1.50, the perfect eco shopper! Also, make sure to check out the jewelry, cute printed socks and pajamas; you're sure to find something you like in the$0.95 to $5.50 range.

*http://www.charlotterusse.com/home/index.jsp
Similar to Forever 21 in that they have every gogeous item you could possibly want for super cheap, Charlotte Russe is another excellent chain store/online retailer. I always go straight to the sale link for great markdowns on tops and skirts, but their superb jewelry collection is a great bargain even at regular price, about the $4.00 area. This is definately on my wish list:


Regularly priced clothing at Old Navy can be moderately expensive, but their sale selection truely shines! I've gotten dresses, tops, shorts, camis, and sweaters all at a fraction of their original cost! I recommend you bypass the regular stuff and go straight to the sale link. They have a wide variety of stuff that is constantly selling out and being replaced with other items, so if you see a design you like, don't hesitate to snap it up! And, of course, who could forget their glorious flip flops!


Urban Originals has a vast array of inexpensive trendy items. My absolute favorite thing here: the SHOES. I'm actually not a big shoe person normally, but where else can you find an incredible pair of boots for under $20, or great pairs of flats and sandals for around $10?! These are the items I'm coveting right now: (20.60, 16.70, 15.40)!





Some similar concept and equally excellent websites are:
They have the most unique moderately priced jewelry; I adore my camera ring, only $10!

Pics are a tad risque, but they have lots of nice inexpensive goods.



Two major retailers whose websites are worth browsing:
Walmart and walmart.com have many obvious pluses; not only can you shop for anything under the sun all in the same place, but they are making a surprising attemt to be environmentally consious. The items I'm loving right now:
These organic cotton tanks are so wonderful, and at $4.00 each, the price is right!

Only $14.97 for this great Burt's Bees starter kit!

This item may not be especially "eco", but I've been craving a sexy cutout swimsuit for years now, only $20!

Target may be slightly more moderately priced than some of the other sites I've listed, but what makes them totally worthwhile is there incredible capsule collections by name brand designers! Relaunching March 13th (2011) you have to check out the pieces by:  Luella Bartley, Tara Jarmon, Paul & Joe, Behnaz Sarafpour, Proenza Schouler, Libertine, Alice Temperley, Erin Fetherston, Jovovich-Hawk, Rogan, Richard Chai, Jonathan Saunders, Thakoon, Tracy Feith, Rodarte, Zac Posen and Tucker. Huge names, small prices! :)
Housewares And Gifts:
*http://www.westelm.com/?cm_type=gnav
I absolutely LOVE West Elm; they have the best low priced home goods EVER!

I got this gorgeous bowl serving set and tray as a gift for my grammy-in-law; it was a huge hit! But at only $12, it didn't impact my wallet too hard!

I am DYING to order these $8.00 sparrow salt and pepper shakers for myself, but I think they're sold out right now. :(

*http://www.fredflare.com/customer/home_pretw.php
Fredflare.com is my go to website for unique gifts and accessories! Some items are inexpensive and others are moderately expensive, but you are guaranteed of finding something quirky and fabulous; they have everything!


I got these hilarious gifts for my husband: mini fondue kit: $10, douchebag citations: $6.
This gorgeous flower garden in a can was for my mom-in-law, only $12, oops gave away the secret! :)

Note: If you are thinking of buying me a gift: I would love the above items! :) Only $10, $20, and $27.95.

Thinkgeek.com has fab unusual stuff, especially electronics! Great gift ideas for the men in your life. I personally want this solar cell phone charger, only $39.99!
Cosmetics:
Eyes Lips Face is the #1 BEST brand for good quality inexpensive cosmetics! I bough 10 items, nearly an entire makeup wardrobe, and applying coupons and discounts I payed only $5.00 plus shipping! I recommend this brand to everyone as the makeup looks great on and most items are $1.00. I don't thinks anything is over $5.00! It doesn't get any better than that! A few of my fave items, all $1.00:




I love the fragrances and bath products at Bath & Body Works. They are regularly moderately priced, but wait for the combo sales and you will get super fab discounts! Also, their mini sizes are a great every day value.




I love the Coconut Lime Verbena sent; like a vacation in a bottle! Fragrance mist $12, travel hand lotion $5.

Superstar Saver:
http://www.drugstore.com/
I absolutely LOVE drugstore.com for its amazingly low everyday prices on name brand goods. It also has the hugest selection of environmentally friendly goods, which are usually notoriously high priced. Here's a couple of my faves:

Yes To Cucumbers makeup removing towlettes- $5.99, Burt's Bees natural toothpase: $4.99.

I am a website junkie, so if you have any fab money saving websites to recommend, please PLEASE tell me about them. The best deals are best shared! Thanks for reading! XX

1 comment:

  1. "Here are my top 5 favorite sites for coupons, cash back, and overall online deals.
    Retailmenot
    CouponOutlet
    Usethisvoucher
    CouponFollow
    Befrugal
    These money saving websites can help you in saving money on your online purchases.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete